Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Trading glitch pokemon via Crystal's debug mode. - Page 1

Trading glitch pokemon via Crystal's debug mode.

Posted by: Hexatendo
Date: 2018-05-27 20:16:22
Admins, please move if this post is in the wrong category, as I didn't know where to put it because it covers so many categories.

A few days ago, I discovered that the debug menu in crystal can be accessed in the trading/battle room. Today, I managed to get a gen 1 glitch Pokemon (Chikorita in Gen 2). I made it level 1, and oddly enough, when it was in Japanese Red, it was level 100. (Maybe the experience underflow glitch?) So, potentially, we could discover all Japanese glitch pokemon (And moves, since the debugger lets you edit moves)

This is how I did it.
2 Everdrive GB carts (I used the X7 since it has save states) (You can use an emulator with trading capabilities, obviously)
1. Enter link cable club in both the gen 1 and gen 2 games.
2. Use the debug menu to make the glitch pokemon, and then withdraw from debug's PC to add to party.
3. Trade away.

This brings a question. How do we go about the rest of the european versions? I was thinking same thing, but no ACE related glitches have been discovered, AFAIK. I don't know if anyone else discovered this debug quirk.