Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Strange Bike Shop Glitch - Page 1

Strange Bike Shop Glitch

Posted by: SomeoneHere
Date: 2018-06-28 20:01:03
This glitch is a little, yet very infuriating one.

So while doing a normal playthrough of Pokemon Red  (this is my first real playthough of it) on an online emulator, I got the Bike Voucher and went to the Bike Shop. I went to the counter and showed the man the voucher. He played the text boxes to show that he knew I had a voucher and even he was going to give me one, but I didn't get one. I did a few times, with a different angle on him when talking. I also went out and back in the shop. I even put the Bike Voucher in and out of the PC, but nothing changed… The game won't give me a bike. You get why it is extremely infuriating?

If I had to name this glitch, it would be the 'Unobtainable Bike Glitch.' If you don't believe me, I even have the save state of the glitch! Here is a link to it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17hkmqn8oGoCNAFu6Sf6TzcvI50BOPPWU/view?usp=sharing

Also here is a link to the online emulator if you want context: http://emulator.online/gameboy/pokemon-red-version/

Thanks for reading!

Re: Strange Bike Shop Glitch

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2018-06-28 21:25:25
That's quite odd I've never seen anything like this
Perhaps it has something to do with the rom you're using?

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2018-06-28 22:54:49
I've never trusted those online emulators, though truth be told I never actually tried using one either. Still, I'm just about certain it's either that or the ROM that's the issue, as 20 years of players never reported this happening unprovoked. Just in case, if you get rid of the "request access" on the link I'll try it out on the emulator and see if anything catches my eye.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-06-29 01:24:07
The save state can't be accessed; you didn't give share permissions.

Posted by: SomeoneHere
Date: 2018-06-29 09:29:32
Okay, I put up a pubic link to the file.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-06-29 10:27:33
"You better make room for this!"
Problem solved -_-

You don't have free space in your inventory. Either deposit items into your PC, toss some, or use some.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2018-06-29 13:35:53
Hahahahaha! :XD: I guess that's that.