Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Has anybody else encountered PKMN 0xB1 - Page 1

Has anybody else encountered PKMN 0xB1

Posted by: Imasnappleman
Date: 2018-07-16 17:56:12
So i was playing pokemon red randomizer and for my starter i had the chance of getting PKMN 0xB1 if anyone else has anymore info on this please message me, it does not seem to have any glitch effects it shows up like a rhydon in the inventory it has no moves in battle its blue and sprite out of battle is glitchy, i could not find anyother info on the pokemon.

if you have any questions please message me.

Re: Has anybody else encountered PKMN 0xB1

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2018-07-16 18:09:55
0xB1 is Squirtle, at least in an unmodified ROM. It seems like it's probably a problem with the randomizer.

Re: Has anybody else encountered PKMN 0xB1

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-07-16 22:50:56
There are 190 mon IDs ($BA, if I'm not mistaken), and Squirtle is indeed asigned to $B1. Which matches the blue battle sprite. The randomizer must have screwed up either the dex data or internal-to-dex conversion table.