Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

New glitch pokemon? - Page 1

New glitch pokemon?

Posted by: zdrmonster12
Date: 2018-07-19 10:22:59
i was minding my glitch stuff until i did something by accident. Got a glitch Pokemon that i never seen before. his name is "4"

[img]https://media.giphy.com/media/2UBzgGZyclwuzyOgkZ/giphy.gif[/img]

i think it was never documented before. i think i discovered something. A new Gltich Pokemon.

Re: New glitch pokemon?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2018-07-19 10:50:19

i was minding my glitch stuff until i did something by accident. Got a glitch Pokemon that i never seen before. his name is "4"

[img]https://media.giphy.com/media/2UBzgGZyclwuzyOgkZ/giphy.gif[/img]

i think it was never documented before. i think i discovered something. A new Gltich Pokemon.

Sorry to say 4. . is already documented, and all other possible glitch Pokémon by hexadecimal identifier in English Generations I and II. :(

However glad you got to find it for the first time. :)

If you ever want to research new glitch Pokémon there are a lot of non-English versions of the glitch Pokémon which haven't had their data like moves learned documented which you could check out here. The GameShark codes to get them for non-English European versions are generally the same as the English codes but the sixth digit of the code is +5 (so 01xxD8CF English Red/Blue would become 01xxDDCF non-English European Red/Blue and for non-English European Yellow it would be -1 of that so 01xxDCCF)). As for the Japanese versions they follow this list.

Generation III and Generation VI/VII are full of undocumented glitch Pokémon as well (65536 possible Pokémon entries for each game), so a resource such as this may be of help.

Posted by: zdrmonster12
Date: 2018-07-19 10:57:03

Sorry to say 4. . is already documented, and all other possible glitch Pokémon by hexadecimal identifier in English Generations I and II. :(

sorry to hear that :(

Posted by: joshuarpl
Date: 2018-11-22 15:50:09
It's actually been documented before.
Have you tried setting D058 to BF?
That'll do something, and crash the game shortly after.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-11-22 16:34:25
Okay, I'm going to tell you off here, but there are two other messages like this one I've deleted.

First off, don't bump old threads. There should even be a red warning box about it.
Second, please don't repeat what has been said previously. Especially egregious here since you're repeating what was quoted in the post just above.
Third, stay relevant; no nonsense. Referring to the post above, but even more so to the other two I deleted.
Thanks. Please remember to respect the forum's rules.

Posted by: joshuarpl
Date: 2018-11-29 13:30:25
I have found one that has been documented before, and a few glitch Pokemon other than 4 . . also have names like 4 with a few other symbols.
I'm sorry to say every Glitch Pokemon has been documented!
I was viewing another Glitch Pokemon by the name of "4 h" for example at the time of this post!

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-11-29 17:04:40
We already know that all Gen 1 Glitch Pokémon have been documented. Again, don't repeat what has been said previously.
Be careful, with you current behavior, you're on thin ice.

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2018-12-01 11:48:01
Just going to lock this as like with a few other threads, I don't see anything coming of it. No rules broken, just the simple fact the GlitchDex is finished.