Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Glitch Trainer FE printing tiles on the screen. Can it be used for CoolTrainer? - Page 1

Glitch Trainer FE printing tiles on the screen. Can it be used for CoolTrainer?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2018-08-22 16:02:14
"Pk" (Glitch Trainer 0xFE (technically 0x36)) can print tiles on the screen for some reason each turn, other times it can freeze the game. The locations in which the tiles on the screen appear vary. Is it possible to use this to alter CoolTrainer outcomes? I wonder if it's also possible for the tiles to be printed on y=06, x=01 as well, as this controls the enemy Pokémon for CoolTrainer, although you'd need to find a way to change the battle into a wild Pokémon battle to make use of it unless maybe you blacked out first.

Example: Here the Pokédollar sign is printed twice over the HP bar.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/xxquqN7.png[/img]

Re: Glitch Trainer FE printing tiles on the screen. Can it be used for CoolTrainer?

Posted by: RETIRE
Date: 2018-08-22 17:21:30
Since you say the locations of tiles vary, it is probaply manipable. Hope you get it to work ^^

Re: Glitch Trainer FE printing tiles on the screen. Can it be used for CoolTrainer?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2018-08-22 18:07:13

Since you say the locations of tiles vary, it is probaply manipable. Hope you get it to work ^^

Thanks! ^^

I can't remember at the moment whether the tiles are still there after you open the menu. It could be that they aren't saved to the buffer, but it would be cool if they were.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-08-30 15:18:04
These are sprites. That's obvious because they overlap the HP bar, and there's no tile that's an overlap of both.