Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Gen 2 Pokemon in Gen 1? - Page 1

Gen 2 Pokemon in Gen 1?

Posted by: PuppyDog
Date: 2019-01-17 22:28:54
I traded umbreon, and espeon from colluesuem to my red version, using the gameboy attachment for the gamecube, and a link cable/gba , when i did this, i had a pokedex of 216 pokemon, with sprites added, without breaking the game, or using "glitch" city, can someone not only confirm this, but

Some Gen 2 pokemon are coded into Gen 1 hex list correct? Using the big list, i see the codes for umbreon/espeon, and if you take out the missingno's, theres 215 (might have misscounted) pokemon not counting the missingno's and 0000, or the egg's.)

Anyone can confirm either of these, would be appreciated.

This is for the Original american versions of red/blue, not firered.

Re: Gen 2 Pokemon in Gen 1?

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-01-17 22:55:43
The National Pokédex is an intentional part of FireRed.

Posted by: PuppyDog
Date: 2019-01-17 22:58:36
Regular red version.

Date: 2019-01-17 23:04:44
Colosseum cannot trade with anything besides Gen III games. A patch that could do that would be major news (i.e. there isn't one and won't be in the foreseeable future).

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're misremembering. For info on transferring Gen II Pokémon to Gen I and the resulting effects, I recommend reading about the Time capsule exploit.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2019-01-18 07:20:54
Such a patch would be downright impossible, due to the different serial protocol used.

Date: 2019-01-18 10:52:42
I was thinking a patch to FireRed that…yeah, never mind. Anyway, in case I locked this prematurely, feel free to send either of us screenshots, PuppyDog, but what you are describing simply isn't something that exists in those games.