Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Help With Remaining HP Glitch (PC Box) - Page 1

Help With Remaining HP Glitch (PC Box)

Posted by: ThatOldGuy
Date: 2019-07-05 21:02:32
Hello, this is my first post on this site so I don't know if this is the right place or not, I can repost it somewhere else if necessary. As the title says, I'm having a little bit of trouble with the PC Box remaining HP glitch. I haven't ever completely filled my box 1, and I've followed the instructions exactly, even using several different 255 catch rate Pokemon. No matter what I try, I can't seem to get any level change happening after I withdraw the Q. I have attached a save file so someone else can try if necessary.

Re: Help With Remaining HP Glitch (PC Box)

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-07-06 06:37:27
>never filled Box 1
are…
are you USING Box 1?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-07-06 09:47:05

Hello, this is my first post on this site so I don't know if this is the right place or not, I can repost it somewhere else if necessary. As the title says, I'm having a little bit of trouble with the PC Box remaining HP glitch. I haven't ever completely filled my box 1, and I've followed the instructions exactly, even using several different 255 catch rate Pokemon. No matter what I try, I can't seem to get any level change happening after I withdraw the Q. I have attached a save file so someone else can try if necessary.

Hi ThatOldGuy, welcome to the forums. :) Yeah, this is the right board. ^^

I'm sorry to hear it's not working for you. :( I'll look at your save file and see if I can get it to work. If so, will send you a video. Do you know if you've deposited more than you've ever before and are using box 1 (as no other box works; due to them being filled with 0xFF bytes by default)? If unsure how many you've had in box 1 try 19 Pokémon as the max you have in the box always.

Posted by: ThatOldGuy
Date: 2019-07-06 13:41:40

Hi ThatOldGuy, welcome to the forums. :) Yeah, this is the right board. ^^

I'm sorry to hear it's not working for you. :( I'll look at your save file and see if I can get it to work. If so, will send you a video. Do you know if you've deposited more than you've ever before and are using box 1 (as no other box works; due to them being filled with 0xFF bytes by default)? If unsure how many you've had in box 1 try 19 Pokémon as the max you have in the box always.

I honestly might have never deposited more than 6 Pokemon into box 1, I'll try putting in 19 and then withdrawing them then I'll try again and update you.

Edit: I tried like 5 more times and it still doesn't work, the level of the Pokemon I catch doesn't change after I withdraw the Q