Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

BTW/Pewter Museum, Trainer escape combination for Pokémon other than Levels 1-7 - Page 1

BTW/Pewter Museum, Trainer escape combination for Pokémon other than Levels 1-7

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-08-26 01:08:58
Use either a Brock Through Walls or Pewter Museum guy glitch. These are caused by talking to the Pewter Gym or Pewter Museum guys from the wrong coordinates, as known. If their path data causes corruption of CD2D/CD2E this means the equivalent of the last Special stat/Level was corrupted!

Therefore, after following a normal path directly after to re-enable your Trainer escape glitch, flashing the Start menu and returning to the route you escaped from, you can get unexpected Pokémon and Trainers (not limited to Levels 1-7, or rosters 1-7) that depend on the method you used (coordinates, path pointer following the coordinates in the data).

Note this doesn't affect all bad paths, but an extremely large number of them. You can also use TheZZAZZGlitch's item 3/item 4 dependent method with a custom item 4 (his recent video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkKatd72PiQ ). If your item 4 points to RAM, you can encounter almost any glitch Pokémon or glitch Trainer you want, in theory.

You can also theoretically do this with 'bad Oak paths', as I noticed CD2D was corrupted with one but I haven't confirmed if you can escape them yet.

Re: BTW/Pewter Museum, Trainer escape combination for Pokémon other than Levels 1-7

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-08-26 01:11:25
you could technically use item 1/2 as well as it seems to be looking for a word and not anything larger.