Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Wild appeared as a battle tile writer/JP equivalent? - Page 1

Wild appeared as a battle tile writer/JP equivalent?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2020-02-28 09:04:31
https://glitchcity.info/wiki/Wild_appeared!

After performing wild appeared but on original Japanese versions, I noticed some で (de) were printed on the screen and kept after the battle started. In Japanese Red/Green you can do CoolTrainer, however I'm unsure of the coordinate that touches CFBF. Yet, also, in Japanese versions D036 is not a menu tile (at least out of battle); hence we could probably use the battle reload glitch item to encounter any non-glitch Pokémon we want :> maybe this can be adapted to an LGFly port, although one that requires the expanded party.

Testing: Actually it seems it probably doesn't extend that far, and maybe direct corruption would be subject to the four values $31 - No status ailment $32 - Status ailment $33 - Fainted or $34 - Empty, unfortunate. :(  Edit: Yeah I got a Magmar but had to fix a freezing back sprite.

However… um can you change the で to control characters to corrupt more space. Maybe that'd do it.

Ah but this occurs in EN version too.. just blank spaces though. However, last time I played around with that re: control characters I got infinite name (thanks to Dragon59095 may have been danny)  all I could do was an infinite name that freezes the game hmm. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJrv1Eivs9Q but now I can revise and see if you can force CoolTrainers with control characters.

Re: Wild appeared as a battle tile writer/JP equivalent?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2020-02-28 11:25:54
I've got an idea for a promising glitch. This time it'll be a secret until I get it to work and route the logistics, as it's powerful.

Actually sorry, it's best out. The theory is like this. Now, when you do grass/rock surfing glitch (Spain/Italy versions only; but can be ported to EN versions), Trainer ID byte 1 determines the sixth water Pokémon. This is item 30 quantity, hence can be anything. So you can fight Pokémon IDs 1 through 199 as usual, and Trainer 0 through 55. If you fight C3 this way, you fight hYour Rival's Name. So if you just use an unterminated rival name in theory you could still corrupt the CoolTrainer coordinate with its name (might still be x=1 y=6 but unsure). This way, you corrupt the enemy Pokémon, letting you get Pokémon 201-255 too.