Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Making a little corruption experiment - Page 1

Making a little corruption experiment

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2020-04-10 17:57:59
With one glitch item: Basically the concept is one arbitrary code item calls CopyData to copy the sprite of a Pokemon of your choice into RAM (so it's there to corrupt as ROM is read only). Ideally you view the Dex entry, then use it.

With the other: It asks if you want corrupt it and increase the intensity of the corruption. In theory, you corrupt 1 byte of the sprite, then it doubles to 2 and so on; until say the sprite of Bulbasaur is indistinguishable from the real one.

I got Yes/No box to work and text, but the code is still broken so far.

Re: Making a little corruption experiment

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2020-04-10 18:46:42
I wanted to make a neural network experiment too.I came across a biology expert on Twitter (Lauren someone?) but I don't quite
know where to start logistically. So the idea is maybe; the intention is that the first half is one Pokémon, the second half is another; to splice them together deep dream style. However, the catch will be that only RNG (e.g. from d-sum) generates it.