Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Some questions for "glitch item with left facing shore tile glitch" in german - Page 1

Some questions for "glitch item with left facing shore tile glitch" in german

Posted by: Scroogeduck
Date: 2020-04-13 08:57:44
Hello guys

I tried to receive a glitch item with the "left facing shore tile glitch".
So first i have to fight against the team rocket guy and the hex value 28 goes into D05D (in german is the address D062)
Then i have to go to the old man and then to cinnabar island. Thats okey. In english you will have a glitch trainer with a pokemon (hex:F1) in his team.

The problem is, that in german we have another pokemon team. (The adress with the pokemon team is: D8A2)
I have no F1 when i fight against the team rocket guy on floor 11F.

So i tested what pokemon team will use glitch trainers between 00 - 30
With a value of 27 instead of 28, the opponents players team is: hex values: BA D0 EA BD D0 F1
So this would fit, but his second pokemon he will put in battle freezes the game all the time. So no chance with that.
Next value was 30, first pokemon is F1, so that would be nice, but the question is now how i can find a trainer which will load 30 in D062.

My two questions are :) -
- Is there an option that the game wont freeze when i battle against D0?
- Is there somewhere a data page or something how i can check what values npc puts in roster?

Best regards and have a nice day
Scroogeduck

Re: Some questions for "glitch item with left facing shore tile glitch" in german

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2020-04-14 14:56:35
Hi Scroogeduck :). I don't know if German 0xD0's front sprite freeze can be avoided easily, sorry. :(

Outside of arbitrary code execution:

-If you catch one with Rival LG it should be possible because you bypass the sprite (however, Rival LG in German Red/Blue may not have been researched yet :() It may be the best way, and you can re-find it with different Rival name lengths. :)
-i) The Pokémon Red disassembly lists the Trainers in order https://github.com/pret/pokered/blob/master/data/trainer_parties.asm ; in theory they can be found with 'Pokéworld' or possibly a Bulbapedia search. 0x30 is 48 in decimal, so in theory it's the 48th Trainer of any class. I'm unsure if there are this many. There is another way; as some Brock Through Walls scripts write to CD2E (normally the Attack modifier in Trainer escape glitch), allowing you to access other (non old man glitch roster) glitch Trainers but it requires more trial and error or analysis. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7t17mK3C-o With standard Trainer escape glitch previously only rosters 1-7 were possible, but with Brock Through Walls in theory all 256 are possible.
-ii) For the Pokémon the glitch Trainers give, we have this (the one you're looking for may be Trainer 256 rosters; which may be loaded for old man glitch Trainers): Currently not yet in German, but in English. https://sites.google.com/site/torchickens2/glitch-city-laboratories-resources (FullTrainerListRB.txt).

Hope this helps! ^^

Re: Some questions for "glitch item with left facing shore tile glitch" in german

Posted by: Scroogeduck
Date: 2020-04-16 09:16:15
Thanks for this answer too, i will test this in the next days and write an edit or a simple post again when i tested :).

Best regards
Scroogeduck