Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

New International dokokashira door glitch method, without ACE or Corruption - Page 1

New International dokokashira door glitch method, without ACE or Corruption

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2020-05-09 11:16:41
As I was reading stuff about Super Glitch for a future Youtube video about the international dokokashira door glitch, I ended up on the international fossil conversion glitch page. There, I noticed a new chapter about how to exploit a new glitch called Map size WTW to access Pokémon beyond 6th and perform the glitch without expanded party by switching the required 'glitch Pokémon' with a valid Pokémon.

So this really buzzed me and I was wondering 'can we apply this to perform IDKD without ACE/Corruption?'. Originally I was about to say no because the idea is to get MORE than 6 Pokémon not just BEYOND the 6th. But then, I thought: what if we can go SO FAR BEYOND that we actually reach the Echo RAM copy of the number of Pokémon and change that value by switching the corresponding 'glitch Pokémon' with a valid Pokémon?

Some calculations later, it turns out it can be done; with this trick, the ID of a Valid Pokémon will become the number of Pokémon, and the rest is the easy part. Here's my take.

- Get 81 Hyper Potions and a Pidgey (alternatively, you can get a Magikarp and evolve it into a Gyarados).
- Trigger item underflow glitch.
- Fly to Indigo Plateau
- Don't move, open bag, switch Hyper Potion x81 with the 38th item (should be Pokédex)
- Close bag, save/reset.
- You are now in a glitch city with WTW active (map size glitch, but we don't care here). Go down to Route 23.
- Open Start Menu, press down twice, then A, to access the Pokémon Menu.
- Press up 29 times to access the proper 'glitch Pokémon' and switch it with Pidgey/Gyarados (you just have to press down once to get the cursor back to Pokémon 1).
- Switch Pokémon 1 with Pokémon 7 (yeah you can do that now)
- Close the Pokémon Menu but not the Start Menu. Save/reset (the game will most likely freeze before the reset).
- The IDKD is now active. Here's what you can do with it.

To remove IDKD, just switch back Pokémon 1 to 7 and store all extra Pokémon. With Pidgey, you have 36 Pokémon and with Gyarados, you have 22. I'm working on how to improve the setup to use a Nidoking or a Slowbro; that will give you only 7 or 8 Pokémon, but you need a $FF in some specific bytes so it's not that easy.

EDIT: A potential workaround is to use any Pokémon with ID > 6 and current HP = 255. Then, perform 2-7 switch before 1-7 switch and the rest is the same. Using Nidoking/Slowbro with this trick saves a lot of time for the price of one extra switch.

Re: New International dokokashira door glitch method, without ACE or Corruption

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2020-05-11 16:31:01
Nice find Krys3000 ^^.

I don't have anything to add except the Pokémon you're touching might be Pokémon 187 (as I used it when trying to find a non-ACE way of encountering 3TrainerPoké in the wild to fix the number of party Pokémon later.) https://glitchcity.info/wiki/Expanded_party_encounter_table_manipulation However, I'm unsure if there are multiple Pokémon that can touch F163/2 (in that case it might not be 187) and the location in CC35 might reveal which Pokémon you swapped.

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2020-05-16 12:48:34
Hi Evie,

Thanks for the feedback. I took a look at CC35 and indeed it contained $BB, so that says Pokémon 187 is involved :)

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2020-05-16 15:22:04

Hi Evie,

Thanks for the feedback. I took a look at CC35 and indeed it contained $BB, so that says Pokémon 187 is involved :)

You're welcome. :) I see, cool~ ^^