Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

8F Shiny Glitch for Pokemon Bank not working, any gameshark codes? - Page 1

8F Shiny Glitch for Pokemon Bank not working, any gameshark codes?

Posted by: wyatt445
Date: 2020-06-10 16:08:31
So I am playing on Pokemon Red VC. When I do the glitch to make the first pokemon shiny it doesnt work, and reverts the save file??? Look at the video by _Crystal and retry it on the US version of pokemon red for the 3ds vc. Anyway, I was wondering if theres a gameshark code in order to change the pokemon in the first slot of the current box to have shiny dv's. I can translate gameshark codes into 8F ACE easily.

Re: 8F Shiny Glitch for Pokemon Bank not working, any gameshark codes?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2020-06-10 16:40:10

So I am playing on Pokemon Red VC. When I do the glitch to make the first pokemon shiny it doesnt work, and reverts the save file??? Look at the video by _Crystal and retry it on the US version of pokemon red for the 3ds vc. Anyway, I was wondering if theres a gameshark code in order to change the pokemon in the first slot of the current box to have shiny dv's. I can translate gameshark codes into 8F ACE easily.

Try adapting 01FAB1DA 01AAB2DA for the maximum DV possible Shiny.

The values in this case are the nybbles (one digit of the byte), so this means Attack DV 15 (F), and the other DVs which are manually loaded (Defense, Speed, Special) as 10 (A). (As a Shiny means  Attack IV to 2, 3, 6, 7, A(10), B(11), E(14), or F(15), and other IVs to A(10) each)

Note at some point Pokémon Bank had a glitch where the wrong DVs make a Shiny, but I believe this got fixed so doesn't matter anymore (otherwise Red Gyarados and other Shinies in Generation II wouldn't transfer properly).

Hope this helps. ^^