Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

the new z glitch!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 1

the new z glitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: m
Date: 2007-02-19 13:25:51
when i was visiting mr.coffe in vene insted of ratta he got a mankey then it said 1 then i inounter z in the cinnbar thinge it was lvl 302!!!! i got it but then i kinda freaked out

so i guess u need to do 60 missingo glitchs in one hour to do it

Re: the new z glitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-02-19 13:45:06
That is obviously fake because the game can't except pokemon over 255. It is beyond the boundaries of Hex. Hex only goes up to 255 if it is two figure like the part of the data that determines level. It goes up to FF which is 255.

Also, no code combination (that I know of) could cause Mankey to replace "Rattata" (which is a Weedle)

If I wanted to be more picky I would also point out that Z is not a Pokemon on Red and Blue, if it was Yellow (which does have Z) you would not be able to do the Old Man trick and if you did succeed finding a MissingNo. on yellow it would be so dangerous to you game that you COULD find a Z out of sheer corruption.
60 MissingNo. tricks in an hour on any game would be difficult anyway.

This is so bogus….
I may lock the thread. Or leave it open to taunt you. Depends how I feel. For now it stays open.

See if you can persuade me that this is real.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2007-02-19 13:56:13
One thing screams at me. FAKE! Fake fake fake fake fake. I don't think i'll lock this topic, i'll probably delete it at some point. Either me, Newo or anyone who is ranked Glitch Scientist or above will probably do it. This glitch is so fake. You don't even know that Mr Coffee (the Old Man) catches a Weedle. LOL.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-02-19 14:12:19
"i inounter z in the cinnbar thinge it was lvl 302!!!!"

Priceless humor here. Your thread stays open because it makes me laugh so much. Of course, Ace and Pichu might not be as forgiving

Date: 2007-02-19 14:34:09
I think Pichu would be. ACE…? I am not sure though.

EDIT: No I don't think Pichu is.

Posted by: PichuUmbreon
Date: 2007-02-19 14:55:10
I'll just lock this thread because the glitch is fake. But also because we don't need a flame war or something similar.

Date: 2007-02-19 14:58:02
See, Told you :P