Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Bad Egg in Crystal!? - Page 1

Bad Egg in Crystal!?

Posted by: silverlucario
Date: 2008-01-15 09:07:33
Ok so I've been experimenting with bad clone Pokemon, and since I play on the GB tower in Stadium 2, obtaining these is easy.

So I wondered: What's a bad clone of an EGG like?
So… I made one!
*checks evil egg*
Hmm. A bunch of question marks and other randomness. Nothing weird so far.
So I put the egg in my party using the Move option, and in my party it's name was ? instead of Egg. In it's description, it said it was making sounds and about to hatch! SWEET!
So I'm doing laps around Saffron City for what seems like HOURS and I'm like "Why hasn't it hatched yet?!" so I check its stats again. This is what it said:

"This egg will take a long time to hatch."

o.o  Where had I seen THAT message before?! This wasn't the usual "What will hatch from this? It will take some time" nonsense I usually get. Wait! That's it! Yes, on the Generation 3 bad Eggs! Ecstatic, I exited the GB Tower and checked its stats in Oak's Lab. Sure enough, a very similar message. (I don't remember what exactly, but it was along the same lines of "taking a while")
WHOO-HOO! So I put it in my box where I "quarantine" all the weird (stabilized so no longer evil and infectious…Stadium 2 does a nice job of cleaning up any corrupted Pokemon that weren't the original bad clone. Shame their trainer is and name and everything stay messed up…) results of my bad cloning and then I go to bed, happy with my awesome discovery.

The next morning, I look in my box for my rotten Egg.
It wasn't there.
ARRRG. It must have been deleted when I put it in the box and saved…. >_<
Ah well. Wasn't going to hatch any time soon anyway.  :P

Re: Bad Egg in Crystal!?

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-01-15 09:13:48
Hmm. Well, for Bad Eggs, can also be found by Gameshark. I've got Bad Eggs on my VBA Crystal, when trying out a code. It says what mine say: Will take a long time to hatch, and in some cases some Bad Egg, don't, or do hatch. I've never seen a Bad Egg, hatch yet, so who knows what'll be in it.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-01-15 14:42:40
There is no such thing as a "BadEGG" in crystal.  There is only the Glitch Egg residing in hex slot FD.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-01-15 14:47:33
Hmm, well, I've put in a code, and I get it even turns trainers into this as well: Wild [blank] appeared! They're all lvl 0 female, with no health.

Date: 2008-01-15 14:50:25
That sounds like a ????? placeholder like 00, FF, etc..

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2008-01-15 16:04:13

There is no such thing as a "BadEGG" in crystal.  There is only the Glitch Egg residing in hex slot FD.

That isn't a glitch Egg, that is the official slot for Egg.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-01-15 16:38:31
Apparently, only a beta phrase. Interesting how it was kept between geneations though…

Date: 2008-01-16 17:35:06

That isn't a glitch Egg, that is the official slot for Egg.

I know, but it usually gets glitched when fought with an encounter code.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2008-01-16 18:20:46
I wonder why they kept the wild glitch eggs in R/S/E?

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-01-16 18:57:43

I wonder why they kept the wild glitch eggs in R/S/E?
Well, something has to happen when you fight something that isn't even a PkMn that can't officialy do anything.