Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Getting Ho-Oh knowing Sacred Fire in Crystal Version - Request!!!!!!! - Page 1

Getting Ho-Oh knowing Sacred Fire in Crystal Version - Request!!!!!!!

Posted by: Hundemon Despotar
Date: 2008-11-07 14:30:05
Hi mates. I got a problem now and I hope you can help me. I got the Silver and Crystal version of Pokemon. When I succeded in doing the Celebi Egg Trick (see page 11 in Celebi Trick topic by Paco81), I could not get the Glitch Pokemon back from the Daycare man (I had to give it to him during the Egg Trick) because if I talk to him to get it back, the game instantly freezes (like you talk to a person in RBY version after flleeing a battle, like in the Mew Glitch). The Celebi has been transferred to Silver Version, making it my very complete, so called master-/perfectversion. Of course I am not going to glitch anything in Silver version as this version is holy to me (251 Pokedex entries, last evolution of EVERY pokemon in this single version, my perfect team lv100 and I never used any GameShark or things like that –> I played more than 306 hour and I am very proud of it).

Now the question:
Is there any Glitch to get a Ho-Oh at Crystal Version knowing Sacred Fire except the Egg Trick (as I told before, the Daycare can not produce any eggs when I can not talk to the Daycare man). When I do the Celebi Trick with Whirlpool instead of Beat Up, I may get a Ho-Oh, but it won't know Sacred Fire, will it?

Re: Getting Ho-Oh knowing Sacred Fire in Crystal Version - Request!!!!!!!

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-11-07 14:33:40

ALL ADDED/DENIED/APPROVED SUBMISSION BOARDS ARE NOW FORCEFULLY REPLY ONLY.

But anyway, Ho-oh can only learn sacred fire, not instantly know it as an egg move iirc.

*moves*

Posted by: Hundemon Despotar
Date: 2008-11-07 15:50:00
When you talk about Pokemon hatching from an egg, then you're right. My Celebi did learn Leech Seed, Confusion,
Heal Bell and Recover.

But when using the Celebi Trick and using Whirlpool as third move instead of Beat Up, there will be a Ho-Oh instead of Celebi (Whirlpool is move no. 250, Beat Up is move no. 251). The Ho-Oh itself is not my goal, I want a Ho-Oh knowing or learning Sacred Fire in Crystal Version. I would have tried the Egg Trick for Ho-Oh, but I am sick of starting a new game again and the Daycare is defect (explained by my first comment in this topic). I just want to get a Ho-Oh knowing Sacred Fire in Crystal Version, before I start Generation III games (I am going to prepair for Silver Remake, the game I wanna complete as I did with Silver, just to get back old times).

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2008-11-07 19:52:19

ALL ADDED/DENIED/APPROVED SUBMISSION BOARDS ARE NOW FORCEFULLY REPLY ONLY.

THANK you, its about damn time.