Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Strange Glitch Pokemon after the sixth slot - Pokemon G/S/C - Page 1

Strange Glitch Pokemon after the sixth slot - Pokemon G/S/C

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2009-06-13 14:26:39
The code to change what pokemon you are viewing or sending out is 01XX05D0 and has very strange results after 05 or 01 if you only have one pokemon but the latest seem to be the strangest, such as the pokemon I found in the 250+ slots

On several hexes there are some pokemon which have glitch moves we haven't researched enough and pokemon holding ? mark items and teru-samas, they also have glitch statuses such as being burned and asleep at the same time. Some had the pokerus virus and about all of them had glitch types.

It also should be learnt that ????'s sprite is not fixed it can be anything as when I send out some of these glitches they have the sprites of other pokemon depending on other current values, I was thinking this was true when I attempted to view a ????'s pokedex page - it gave me the picture of a snubbull. So in other words the picture assigned to a pokemon is not fixed to that pokemon but on a stable matter they are almost always constant.

Here's a video because screenshots alone are difficult to fully explain this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7tKiLXrauQ[/youtube]

Re: Strange Glitch Pokemon after the sixth slot - Pokemon G/S/C

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-06-13 15:36:13
Wait… At the end, the glitch move changed to tackle?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2009-06-13 15:41:34

Wait… At the end, the glitch move changed to tackle?

Its a bit strange I don't know why it did this but the other glitch move in the second slot might have masked the actual name of the first attack which could have been tackle.

When I tried to use that second move though the game changed into a glitch dimension I don't know whether some moves can change into others like that though tackle was the last stable move I used though

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-06-14 05:38:06
That is really strange, that is sort of like with Charizard 'M, on R/B, as I have one in my Patry on my Red ROM, and it seems that I have over 6 Pokemon in my patry where I go to put a Pokemon into the PC, I have about 8 Pokemon I think, it shows. I can't go down or the game will freeze. I can get a video when I play later to see other effects, but nice work there Torchickens.