Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Connection glitch - Page 1

Connection glitch

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2009-07-06 13:55:16
I was playing my freind, Gold vs. Crystal, and suddenly on my screen I put his Pokemon to sleep, but on his screen it said he was fine. As soon as his pokemon died, it said that he put out a level 0 shiny tangela. My famous words, Why?

Re: Connection glitch

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2009-07-06 14:05:30
The link cable could've gotten loose on one of your Game Boys. Its happened to me a lot.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-07-06 14:39:29
Most likely a bad wire, or was Bassmasta said.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2009-07-06 14:41:55
Hope the cable isn't brokeā€¦..
I love that cable, it lasted me YEARS!

WHY?????

Speaking of "why", why does it switch to battling a computer if you take it out during a battle?

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-07-08 20:14:20
Funny story. One time my cousin sent out an egg to fight for him. What's weird is that i had link battle glitches and the cables never once disconnected. I think it might have had something to do with the link cable not being an official Nintendo link cable. The funny thing about the whole egg incident was that it was a Nidoran female that used the egg's color pallet. (Which was what the said egg was going to be once it hatched anyway. Minus the egg color pallet of course.)

Posted by: IttyBitty
Date: 2009-07-08 20:36:01
Sounds familiar; something similar happened to my friend and I when we battled with our Silvers. 'Cept she kept sending out a Snubull that she didn't have in the first place, and that I defeated probably four times before we gave up.
We never did figure out why it happened (not like we pulled out the cable, and the cable wasn't old or anything).