Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Some 'Glitch Locations' in Gold - Page 1

Some 'Glitch Locations' in Gold

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2009-07-11 05:47:45
The code which changes the 'warp location' when you enter through a door in Gold/Silver is 01XX44D0 01XX45D0 most values are actual stable locations or beta locations like the Safari Zone but others crash the game or rarely have strange results.

Will be updating if I find more glitch areas or possibly any undiscovered beta areas.
It would be good if there is one in Gold like the one in Crystal with the glitch trainer who can see diagonally.

Notable glitch locations:

To find one use 00 as the first value because all of these areas are not defined so there is a chance but small chance you will find one that doesn't do much, or try any large value or include 00 in the codes for example 0B,00 might work.

0A, 00: A lot of scrambled objects come onto the screen and then the game crashes with a white screen.
00, AA: Seems stable at first, you can see the player standing on grey tiles covered by orange things, but then the game switches to a white screen.
00, B1: Very interesting, the game is using a completely different 'glitch tileset' made of symbols, letters and plain coloured tiles. The game switches to a white screen.
80,80: Is the halfway point, thought it was likely this would work and did walked into some garbage like rock tiles etc but then the game turned to a black screen instead.
Important: Do not enter this location or it will corrupt your save file
18,2F: Similar to 0A, 00 lots of coloured scrambled objects and symbols come onto the screen, game crashes

Notes:

There is a GSC glitch area already known which appears if you defeat one of the ??? glitches but not hex 00 Gold/Silver through the use of an emulator, the hex is unknown yet though
[img]http://glitchcity.info/images/docs/gscglitchcity/goldglitch1.png[/img]

The G/S/C Glitch Dimension is not an actual glitch dimension it is just the game's attempt to reset the game failing to reload the colour palette correctly

Re: Some 'Glitch Locations' in Gold

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2009-07-11 22:04:20

Will be updating if I find more glitch areas or possibly any undiscovered beta areas.

All headered maps have been found. Unheadered maps are all in the same general location and can?t be found with those codes anyway. Glitches, on the other hand? knock yourself out.

(Note: I said found, not analyzed. There are some weird Pok?center 2F maps in GSC that I haven?t gotten around to looking at yet.)

Re: Some 'Glitch Locations' in Gold

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2009-07-12 06:26:13

All headered maps have been found. Unheadered maps are all in the same general location and can?t be found with those codes anyway. Glitches, on the other hand? knock yourself out.

(Note: I said found, not analyzed. There are some weird Pok?center 2F maps in GSC that I haven?t gotten around to looking at yet.)

Oh ok, I tested 18,2F and that really is a scrambled mess! the tileset is made up of lots of symbols and in no time the game crashes it is funny I tried it on my GBA SP and the game just screamed beep! It crashes similar to the striped blue line crash when you go out of bounds in R/B/Y