Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Pokemon Gold Coin Case Glitches: Mythbusting - Page 1

Pokemon Gold Coin Case Glitches: Mythbusting

Posted by: MrGlitch
Date: 2010-01-11 14:30:33
Myth: Talking to the Dratini in Goldenrod City and then using the Coin Case will change the number of coins to "which move?he PP of" permanently if you save the game.

Verdict: False.  I tried saving the game and looking at the Coin Case again, and it showed the number of coins correctly.  If you continue on with this glitch, but change the number of coins (at Game Corner), then the number of coins will be normal again.

Myth: Talking to the Machoke in the basement of Goldenrod Department Store and then looking at the Coin Case will take you to the Glitch Dimension.

Verdict: Partially true.  The first time I tried this, the game locked up, but after that it restarted with the Glitch Dimension.

Myth: If you talk to the Farfetch'd in Azalea Town and then use the coin case, the game will freeze.

Verdict: True.  Works every time.

Re: Pokemon Gold Coin Case Glitches: Mythbusting

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2010-01-11 23:18:49
These would probably be better put in the mythbusting sticky.  Where did you find those myths?

Re: Pokemon Gold Coin Case Glitches: Mythbusting

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-01-30 12:27:45
I think the Dratini Glitch deserves its own article on the wiki, although playing the cries of other Pokémon such as Larvitar and Butterfree can also momentarilly change the amount of coins to 'Which move?PP of'