Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Machop and Dratini are not the only Pokémon who apply to coin case glitches! - Page 1

Machop and Dratini are not the only Pokémon who apply to coin case glitches!

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-01-30 10:15:42
A while ago I noticed that you did not necessarilly have to talk to the Machop in Vermillion City to activate the glitch dimension and instead you could use the Machop in the pokedex instead.

A glitch also involved talking to a Dratini on Pokémon Crystal and using the coin case to replace it with essentially 65535 coins which displays as 'which move?PP of.' This suggested that different results may happen after viewing the cry of another Pokémon so I listened to the cry of a Clefable and it made the game crash when I used the coin case! Kingler also worked for this and put the game into another Glitch Dimension. However it doesn't seem to work with all Pokémon cries, gastly for example did not make a difference.

Possibly this could imply that the game doesn't always have to use a number for the amount of coins in the coin case. Maybe certain Pokémon cries add certain amounts of coins to the coin case, like how the 'Ka-ching' sound might always add 100 coins.

Edit: An interesting find, whilst dratini's cry changes the amount of coins to 'which move?PP of.' Dragonair's cry changes the amount of coins to 'which move?' right before Dratini's hexadecimal identifier Moltres also changes the amount of coins to 'which move?PP of.'

Unnoted coin case glitches:
1) 'which move?' without the 'PP of.' part - cries of  Dragonair and several other Pokémon
2) Multiple game freezes from listening Pokémon cries such as Paras and Clefairy.

Edit2: I have just made an article about this on the wiki named 'Coin Case Glitches' but now it seems that our first method for the glitch dimension needs to be edited to make out that you do not specifically need to talk to the machop in vermillion city and that other pokémon cries can cause the same effect too

Re: Machop and Dratini are not the only Pokémon who apply to coin case glitches!

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2010-02-02 23:19:48
I found this out like 2 years ago and was ignored :O Don't expect any better. It's good to know that someone else know this too now though :)

Quite a lot of Pokemon give "Which move?" or "Which move?he PP of" though.

Also I'm pretty sure either Meowth or Persian gives the normal amount of coins + a glitch block. Could mean a large amount was added?

Well, you have reinspired me to investigate this again and I certainly will do so.