Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Issue with Celebi Glitch! - Page 1

Issue with Celebi Glitch!

Posted by: Metroixer
Date: 2010-05-27 19:24:02
Hi, I'm doing a glitch let's play for pokemon blue and am working on a special gen 2 episode. I want to show off the celebi glitch that involves the clones but I'm having a lot of trouble making a bad clone appear in pokemon gold. Are there any tricks I can use with my emulator (VisualBoyAdvance) that can make this trick easier to pull off? Should I try doing it in Crystal instead?

Re: Issue with Celebi Glitch!

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2010-05-27 20:01:59
Yeah, I would suggest doing it in Crystal instead.

Posted by: Sonikku1011
Date: 2010-05-27 20:27:07
Also keep in mind to reset the game right after selecting "Yes" when it asks if you want to save the game, because this increases the chance of obtaining a bad clone.

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2010-05-27 23:45:16
I heard it's also easier if you're playing it through stadium 2 on N64 (whichever one it is, I think it's stadium 2.) Apparently you can time it really easy that way.

However don't quote me on this because I don't have an N64 or stadium 2 or have ever attempted cloning/celebi glitch in my gold cart.

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2010-05-28 01:28:18
You mean N64, Ownage. The Stadiums are on the N64.

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2010-05-28 02:32:34
Fixed, thanks :)

You can tell I don't know much on the subject! However I'm sure that there is something like that (I think in the aproved submissions?)

Posted by: Metroixer
Date: 2010-05-28 10:35:06
I'll try to see if I can do it on Crystal, I can't do it on the N64 because this is on an emulator, and I need to screenshot the process which I can't do on the N64.

Posted by: RevManson
Date: 2010-06-05 14:21:19
Actually, I've heard that it's harder to acheive on Crystal, and Crystal has a more unstable cloning system…

And plus, personally, I find it a lot easier to do it on Gold or Silver.  Besides, Crystal's version of it is just confusing…

Posted by: Ignatius Reilly
Date: 2010-06-06 21:21:22
Turn off your emulator right after you select "yes" to save when switching boxes (literally half a second after at most). Resetting doesn't work.