Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Another ????? (FF/255) Exploitation (G/S/C) - Page 1

Another ????? (FF/255) Exploitation (G/S/C)

Posted by: Pokeglitch86
Date: 2012-06-26 00:35:36
For all I know this was discovered some time ago, but I just thought of this and tried it today.

First you have a ????? (FF/255) in the top position of your party and black out. When you come to at the pokecenter all of your pokemon will still be fainted. Unlike r/b/y (which forces you to black out again after three steps) this allows you to enter a trainer or wild pokemon battle and win instantly. However, the final dialogue from trainers never happens, so you never get paid. It works fine for defeating gym leaders as well. You will recieve the badge and the TM but you won't get any money. This should be a highly effective method in which to speed run the game without any game altering devices.

Re: Another ????? (FF/255) Exploitation (G/S/C)

Posted by: liline
Date: 2012-06-26 03:17:32
Yes,with a Monster Brain, I made some pokémon with 0/0 hp,so they are and stay KO, and I give them attacks such as surf or fly and I make (always with the accessory) that I have the 8 first badges and I allow the player to fly everywhere. So when I begin the game, my mom gives me the poke…(how do we say it in english? It is surely not the pokematos, right?) but anyway, after I go out and I can directly surf on the right and fly to the league. There I fight everybody and win without to send a single pokémon… That's cool even if we don't earn money…

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2012-06-27 05:06:28

For all I know this was discovered some time ago, but I just thought of this and tried it today.

First you have a ????? (FF/255) in the top position of your party and black out. When you come to at the pokecenter all of your pokemon will still be fainted. Unlike r/b/y (which forces you to black out again after three steps) this allows you to enter a trainer or wild pokemon battle and win instantly. However, the final dialogue from trainers never happens, so you never get paid. It works fine for defeating gym leaders as well. You will recieve the badge and the TM but you won't get any money. This should be a highly effective method in which to speed run the game without any game altering devices.

I can confirm this, as I was able to do the same trick some time ago. I haven't been able to test this without codes yet though. Did you try this with a ????? (FF) obtained from the bad clone glitch?

I'm glad that it worked for you.

I've got a video about it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4lDt9j4z6E

wwwxxyy posted some steps on how to make it work on a real game.

Posted by: Pokeglitch86
Date: 2012-06-27 18:10:22
I achieved this without the use of any game-altering devices. Yes.