Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

G/S/C Hybridization - Page 1

G/S/C Hybridization

Posted by: Pokeglitch86
Date: 2012-06-30 11:21:36
The following video details my findings on a method of hybridization that utilizes ????? (FF/255). I would think that somebody else has discovered this method before, but I haven't seen/read anything on it.

http://youtu.be/R6RRTT-7xf0

Steps:
1. Have two Pokemon in your party.
2. Take your ????? (FF/255) out of the daycare and place it at the top of your party.
3. Go to the PC and use "Move pkmn" to place one pokemon at the top of your party and exit PC.
4. Look at your party. The fourth pokemon should now be ????? (FF/255). The third pokemon will be the fourth pokemon but with the third's name and moves.
5. Both the third and fourth pokemon will revert once put into and taken out of the daycare.

Your third pokemon will learn TM/HM's of the fourth and learn moves while leveling up as the fourth would. You can also use this to hatch eggs and make pokemon into eggs. This can also be used as an alternative to the Johto Guard Glitch but since both require ????? (FF/255) the Johto Guard Glitch is more practical.

Re: G/S/C Hybridization

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2012-06-30 12:33:40

The following video details my findings on a method of hybridization that utilizes ????? (FF/255). I would think that somebody else has discovered this method before, but I haven't seen/read anything on it.

http://youtu.be/R6RRTT-7xf0

Steps:
1. Have two Pokemon in your party.
2. Take your ????? (FF/255) out of the daycare and place it at the top of your party.
3. Go to the PC and use "Move pkmn" to place one pokemon at the top of your party and exit PC.
4. Look at your party. The fourth pokemon should now be ????? (FF/255). The third pokemon will be the fourth pokemon but with the third's name and moves.
5. Both the third and fourth pokemon will revert once put into and taken out of the daycare.

Your third pokemon will learn TM/HM's of the fourth and learn moves while leveling up as the fourth would. You can also use this to hatch eggs and make pokemon into eggs. This can also be used as an alternative to the Johto Guard Glitch but since both require ????? (FF/255) the Johto Guard Glitch is more practical.

It's nice to see someone looking further into the bad clone glitch. Your work is much appreciated.

I have not properly looked in to the glitch, so I can't properly comment about it.

Do you know about MeroMero's enhanced cloning glitch? That is apparently a method of obtaining multiple hybrid Pokémon inside of a box in Generation II, but I've been unable to properly test it. The save batteries on my physical Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal cartridges are sadly dead. If you can get that on video from a physical console, that would be awesome.

Posted by: Pokeglitch86
Date: 2012-06-30 13:58:03
I believe I had achieved hybridizing pokemon in the PC at some point, but I didn't look further into it as I was currently focusing on something else. If I remember correctly I was using "Move pkmn" to move pokemon between boxes and cutting the power midway while it was saving. I can confirm that you can successfully get a "bad clone" using this method and have been meaning to try this on my silver. I think what caused hybrid pokemon for me is when you place a pokemon somewhere in a box but not the very bottom (As this would have the same effect as normal PC cloning). I'll try to look into this enhanced cloning glitch and properly test it. Out of my Gold, Silver, and Crystal my Silver is the only one that's battery is still going. I replaced my Crystal's battery five or so years ago and hopefully it'll last a few more years.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2012-07-01 08:55:56

I'll try to look into this enhanced cloning glitch and properly test it. Out of my Gold, Silver, and Crystal my Silver is the only one that's battery is still going. I replaced my Crystal's battery five or so years ago and hopefully it'll last a few more years.

If that's fine with you and you're happy to test it. Good luck!

I feel that I need to replace my batteries… Although I have no experience in soldering, I have heard that the method described here works fine.

There was some discussion that leaving the Game Boy Advance SP powered on for 100 hours works, but all this method did for me was keep the game running for an extra while. The clock would still halt.

As for your Pokémon Crystal cartridge, I can suggest a good peripheral for backing up Game Boy save memory, called the 'Mega Memory Card'. It was made by Interact, the former owners of the GameShark. The peripheral uses flash memory instead of a battery, so you can expect it to last longer. It stores up to 100 saves on to a menu. It supposedly does not work with some games, but does work with my Gold/Silver/Crystal.

However, this is impractical if your save batteries are dead, because it will only be a short matter of time before the physical save is destroyed, and sometimes before you can boot up the menu to capture the save on time.

Posted by: HorizonGirl76
Date: 2012-07-12 16:38:16
Very interesting… When the third Pokemon learns the fourth Pokemon's moves by level up and HM/TM, is this retained when they revert, or do they go back to learning the moves they originally would while retaining the moves they learned from the other Pokemon?

Thank you for sharing your video!