Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Trading Missingno With the Time Capsule - Page 1

Trading Missingno With the Time Capsule

Posted by: Cryptic_Lynx
Date: 2015-07-10 14:34:24
I'm just curious… What would happen if you used a cheat or a glitch to trade Missingno to Generation II?

Re: Trading Missingno With the Time Capsule

Posted by: Háčky
Date: 2015-07-10 16:15:22

I'm just curious… What would happen if you used a cheat or a glitch to trade Missingno to Generation II?

It would be converted to a Generation II Pokémon based on its index number; see this list.

Its possible to trade fossil/ghost Missingno. to Generation II under particular circumstances, and there are also three other glitch Pokémon in English Red/Blue and five in Yellow that are naturally able to be traded through the Time Capsule, because they happen to have the same types in Generation I as the equivalent Generation II Pokémon.

Re: Trading Missingno With the Time Capsule

Posted by: kaikun97
Date: 2015-07-15 12:03:02

Quite often Gen 2 games will stop you from trading glitch pokemon and give you the message "Your friend's *pokemon* appears to be abnormal" It's a failsafe. There are only 5 Hexadecimal slots that contain glitch pokemon anyway (and they are at the end of the list) so likely it will get comverted into whatever pokemon the hex is on pokemon g/s/c as Hácky said.