Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Help! I can't get a bad clone in Gold! - Page 1

Help! I can't get a bad clone in Gold!

Posted by: Statue Surfer
Date: 2016-01-01 01:22:01
I've been trying to do the Celebi Egg Glitch, and here's my checklist:
- Egg w/ Beat Up in Slot 3 - check
-5 useless Pokemon - check
-Bad clone -…uncheck

I've trying everything to get one. On the GBA, I've turned the power off between the YES/NO box and the SAVING… box, during the "A" in "SAVING…" as I read somewhere on here. On Stadium 2, I've tried everything combination I can think of: the above, as well as resetting the console during the N64 saving box and the GBA screen saving box, both on Load Little and Load Max, and all clones come out totally normal…

I'm using the box change method. Can somebody please help??

Re: Help! I can't get a bad clone in Gold!

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2016-01-01 04:36:06
Ahh… I always have trouble to bad clone in G/S unlike in Crystal. However, it always seemed to work better for me using the catch technique (shutting down while a new caught Pokémon is sent to the PC) rather than the traditionnal cloning thing.

Date: 2016-01-01 15:07:14
Never heard of that method for doing it, but I guess I'll give it a shot… can't do any worse (hopefully).

EDIT: Well, I didn't too any better, either. Do you know any text cues for when I should reset, since on Stadium 2 it shows "Saving" after hitting "A" after the "Gotcha! [Whatever] was caught!"

Also, I'm playing English Gold, so if that matters, please tell me.

Posted by: SM
Date: 2016-01-05 07:31:29
I made bad clones three times by box change method with English Gold and Korean Gold and now I just made another one with VBA.
First, you should know exact frame to make bad clone.
It is before 'saving…' text appears.
If you reset on exact frame during save, pokemon's nickname (and OT name) will be changed to blank(00) or '9999999999'(FF) with high probability.
But other things like species and moves are not modified in most attempts.
It is depend on when did you start to save but I don't know how it works exactly.

Date: 2016-01-05 13:26:10
Alright, then I guess it'll just be trial-and-error from here on in, kinda like when I was doing save corruption on Yellow.

Thanks.