Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Japanese Select Glitch to Gen 2 - Page 1

Japanese Select Glitch to Gen 2

Posted by: ravioli
Date: 2016-08-16 21:59:28
Discussion time!

As a few of you might already know, if you swap an item with your Pokemon, run immediately, you will be poisoned and be stuck in a loop. Although, when you go to the PKMN center and save and quit every 4 steps to the PC, and withdraw a normal Pokemon, you will get a glitched Pokemon lv. 0 with health 0/0, and an index number of 000. The Pokemon sprite also changes. (Sometimes I get a Rhydon, Charizard, Butterfree, ETC.). If you give this to the daycare man and level him up, he will he will have a glitched moveset (or no moves) and possibly a new sprite and will work as a functioning Pokemon just with glitch moves, cry, EVs, and a glitched sprite.

What happens when you transfer this Pokemon to Pokemon G/S/C Japanese? I don't have a Pokemon Green save file on my PC right now and can't test it out. Does anybody know what happens?

Re: Japanese Select Glitch to Gen 2

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2016-08-18 08:25:34
I could try this, but I'd have to start from scratch on both and I'm too lazy. If anyone has a hex number for the result after DayCare, that'd be great.