Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Pokemon G/S/C ACE problem. - Page 1

Pokemon G/S/C ACE problem.

Posted by: naf102
Date: 2016-08-29 00:05:30
I recently had to start a new game of Pokemon Gold due to me corrupting my save file and I came across a problem trying to setup the ACE glitch again. Basically I meet all the requirements for the setup to work (low level, freshly caught pokemon in Slot 3 and Quagsire holding HP Up with Sleep Talk as first move in Slot 4, saving in Elm's lab resetting and walking 4 steps to the right etc.) but when I attempt to run a payload, it always sends me to a Glitch Dimension. Any idea why this happens?  I'm thinking it has something to do with the low level pokemon.

Re: Pokemon G/S/C ACE problem.

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2016-08-29 10:38:12
Try using BGB's debugger or equivalent to see instruction-by-instruction what's happening.

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-08-29 11:11:16
Possibly your low-level has DV's that don't work, try a different one.
If this doesn't work, then maybe your code is set up wrong, Please tell us the items you used, i will test if they work.
Also, what the code was meant to do?

Date: 2016-08-29 12:32:55
To test it out, the code was to turn the first Pokemon in the party into a Celebi and the list was this

Any Item xAny
Any item x38
TM27 x2
Fresh Water x42
Lovely Mail x1
HM07 x1
Poke Ball x65
Great Ball x4
Everstone x1
Any item xAny
Surf Mail x51
Full Heal x18
Flower Mail x46
HM03 x1
X Speed x1
TM06 x1
Any item xAny
TM41 x1

Is there a specific DV value your low level has to have in order to work?

Date: 2016-08-29 13:51:12
I think i will test this tomorrow, as it's quite late where i am (8:49 PM or 20:49).
From what i know, test 2-3 Pokémon on routes 30-31. I think that they should work.

Date: 2016-08-29 14:38:25

I think i will test this tomorrow, as it's quite late where i am (8:49 PM or 20:49).
From what i know, test 2-3 Pokémon on routes 30-31. I think that they should work.
Oh no need now I got it working. It was the low level pokemon that was the problem. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction because I was catching all my low level pokemon in Route 29.

Date: 2016-08-29 14:46:52

Oh no need now I got it working. It was the low level pokemon that was the problem. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction because I was catching all my low level pokemon in Route 29.

No problem :).