Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Pokemon Crystal glitches. - Page 1

Pokemon Crystal glitches.

Posted by: Exegutt0r
Date: 2016-09-03 19:48:06
Not sure if i should post in this area, but my English pokemon crystal cart came in today. Post interesting glitches that are pretty cool.

Also please post some cool corruption gameshark codes for crystal, cause i found my gameshark pro for gbc and gb I've had since i was a kid in my attic.

Re: Pokemon Crystal glitches.

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2016-09-03 20:17:09

Not sure if i should post in this area, but my English pokemon crystal cart came in today. Post interesting glitches that are pretty cool.

Also please post some cool corruption gameshark codes for crystal, cause i found my gameshark pro for gbc and gb I've had since i was a kid in my attic.

GameShark codes were originally found by punching random numbers in and seeing what happened. Same for Game Genie and Pro Action Replay. Do that. Address block $1>$3000 are ROM for Crystal, so try $0>$120 to screw up the interrupt, VBlank, and joypad code, and $121>$320 for functions. Most important: DO NOT UNDER ANYCIRCUMSTANCES SAVE WHEN USING CODES IN THE ABOVE RANGE. PLEASE GOD NO DON'T DO IT. The save function is in the second range and EVERYTHING goes to shit if the first is modified. As for the glitches… you disappoint. You're literally a member ALL ABOUT POKEMON GLITCHES… AND YOU ASK?!?( xD )

Posted by: Exegutt0r
Date: 2016-09-03 20:23:30

GameShark codes were originally found by punching random numbers in and seeing what happened. Same for Game Genie and Pro Action Replay. Do that. Address block $1>$3000 are ROM for Crystal, so try $0>$120 to screw up the interrupt, VBlank, and joypad code, and $121>$320 for functions. Most important: DO NOT UNDER ANYCIRCUMSTANCES SAVE WHEN USING CODES IN THE ABOVE RANGE. PLEASE GOD NO DON'T DO IT. The save function is in the second range and EVERYTHING goes to s**t if the first is modified. As for the glitches… you disappoint. You're literally a member ALL ABOUT POKEMON GLITCHES… AND YOU ASK?!?( xD )

True, but i was not really into gen II glitches. So im kinda new to that. Thanks for the gameshark thi.g though.

Date: 2016-09-03 20:27:23

GameShark codes were originally found by punching random numbers in and seeing what happened. Same for Game Genie and Pro Action Replay. Do that. Address block $1>$3000 are ROM for Crystal, so try $0>$120 to screw up the interrupt, VBlank, and joypad code, and $121>$320 for functions. Most important: DO NOT UNDER ANYCIRCUMSTANCES SAVE WHEN USING CODES IN THE ABOVE RANGE. PLEASE GOD NO DON'T DO IT. The save function is in the second range and EVERYTHING goes to s**t if the first is modified. As for the glitches… you disappoint. You're literally a member ALL ABOUT POKEMON GLITCHES… AND YOU ASK?!?( xD )

True, but i was not really into gen II glitches. So im kinda new to that. Thanks for the gameshark thi.g though.
About my last post…
Sarcasm location:
Length: 2 bytes

Take a look at the Wiki for Gen 2. It's interesting.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2016-09-03 21:21:21
There's only one glitch exclusive to Crystal Version. But there are several that can be exploited in both.

GCL has a bunch too.

Date: 2016-09-03 21:25:13

There's only one glitch exclusive to Crystal Version. But there are several that can be exploited in both.

GCL has a bunch too.
EWWWWWWWWWW I just stepped in a pile of Bulbapedia!
GOD I can't even load that with my DSi XL, it's so repulsive!
Say the name like a normal person. And Bulbapedia is vastly inferior to us.

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-09-04 07:07:38
For a start, i recommend GCL's pages on GS codes for gens 1 and 2 here.
The Walk Thru Walls one gives the most glitchyness if you go out of bounds.

Posted by: ravioli
Date: 2016-09-04 23:33:37

I can't even load that with my DSi XL, it's so repulsive!

excuse me?

Sorry buddy. I use my Mobile GB Adapter homebrew cart to load an internet homebrew so I can browse the GCLF on my Gameboy Color. Life's hard.

Posted by: Nostalgia
Date: 2016-09-05 06:24:29
The infinite odd egg glitch with cloning is pretty cool in Crystal. You can potentially get more then one shiny from the odd egg, but the odds are low and it's time consuming. And if you're repeatedly hatching a bunch of Igglybuffs and Cleffas it gets boring. I've messed around with it in the past, but personally I prefer to just save and get the egg and reset - if it's not a shiny. I've got a shiny from each of the odd egg Pokemon over playthroughs, except Pichu, apparently the odds of a shiny Pichu are the lowest, maybe one day I'll get it.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2016-09-19 23:30:59

The infinite odd egg glitch with cloning is pretty cool in Crystal. You can potentially get more then one shiny from the odd egg, but the odds are low and it's time consuming. And if you're repeatedly hatching a bunch of Igglybuffs and Cleffas it gets boring. I've messed around with it in the past, but personally I prefer to just save and get the egg and reset - if it's not a shiny. I've got a shiny from each of the odd egg Pokemon over playthroughs, except Pichu, apparently the odds of a shiny Pichu are the lowest, maybe one day I'll get it.

Wait you can get infinite Odd Eggs with a glitch!?
How did I not know this! By the way shiny Pichu
was my first hatch from an Odd Egg  ;D

Posted by: SatoMew
Date: 2016-09-20 08:53:49

Yes :)

Date: 2016-09-21 01:56:07

Yes :)

That's awesome I never thought about using the clone glitch that way.
Speaking of clone glitch, I figured out a way to get shiny Pokerus Dittos
using it but I need to refine the steps before I submit it :)

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2016-09-21 02:39:40
This looks yummy, since I guess trading back to Gen 1 and doing some shenanigans would allow the get any Pokémon with Pokérus ?

Date: 2016-09-25 15:28:38

This looks yummy, since I guess trading back to Gen 1 and doing some shenanigans would allow the get any Pokémon with Pokérus ?

Actually it involves a bad clone or multiple
and glitching the storage box. I've only tested it
on Pokemon Crystal but I'm sure it's possible on G/S.
I'll come back with some more details on that if you're interested  :)