Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Pokemon ????? - Page 1

Pokemon ?????

Posted by: Glitcher
Date: 2016-11-06 03:41:45
Hi guys, i did like to know how to get the pokemon ?????. I saw different vids on how to get it, but i thought: "isnt that hard to set up?" So, how to get him?

Re: Pokemon ?????

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2016-11-06 09:21:57
As far as I know there is no currently known way
to get him without a cheating device. ????? is also
known to instantly crash the game at times, especially
if you attempt to catch it. There have been people that have
seen him randomly but it i very rare,

You can take at a look at this discussion here that has
a lot of interesting information and accounts of people that
have seen him or caught him http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?topic=109.0

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-11-06 10:33:35
Actually, there is a way:
Prepare a Bad Clone, put it into the daycare, then take it back. If the cry will not play when you witdraw it, you got it right.
Unless you want it in the wild, then you need to ACE via Coin Case. It might crash though.
In Crystal, ether trade it from G\S or get a Bad Clone, which is pain in Crystal.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2016-11-06 15:03:37

Prepare a Bad Clone, put it into the daycare, then take it back. If the cry will not play when you witdraw it, you got it right.
Unless you want it in the wild, then you need to ACE via Coin Case. It might crash though.
In Crystal, ether trade it from G\S or get a Bad Clone, which is pain in Crystal.

Yeah I'm behind the times, listen to this guy  ::)
That and there's been a lot of advancements with
bad clones which seem to be the holy grail of G/S/C

Posted by: Glitcher
Date: 2016-11-08 16:29:47

Yeah I'm behind the times, listen to this guy  ::)
That and there's been a lot of advancements with
bad clones which seem to be the holy grail of G/S/C
Bad clones are damn hard to get! You need the time and skill for it, but i end up with a second clone :'(

Date: 2016-11-09 06:03:00
Bad clones are damn hard to get! You need the time and skill for it, but i end up with a second clone :'(

You can use Coin Case ACE if you want to.

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2016-11-15 01:12:56
And if you can't/don't want to use the Coin Case ACE, you can also use the TM ACE (either 33 in Crystal or 25 in G/S) but that's even more annoying that Bad Cloning.

However, Bad Clones can only help you to get hex:00 and hex:FF "?????", whereas ACE can do anything.

Date: 2016-11-15 06:25:07

whereas ACE can do anything.

And he really means ANYTHING, from getting shinies, perfect DV Pokémon, bringing debugging tools, to even coding Snake into G\S.