Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Bad Clone Trade Stadium 2 - Page 1

Bad Clone Trade Stadium 2

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2017-06-11 19:00:37
I accidentally made a couple bad clones while duplicating the odd egg. It's good because I've been trying a while to get one on my Gold but I got the bad clones on my Crystal.
So I was wondering if it's possible to trade it over to Gold or will it revert to normal or glitch the game up or whatever? I don't have another gameboy so I can't trade it like that but I do have Stadium 2 and a couple of transfer paks. Will the glitch transform to normal on Stadium 2 or will the game reject it or will something else happen?

Re: Bad Clone Trade Stadium 2

Posted by: silverlucario
Date: 2017-06-11 19:30:18
Stadium 2 will just turn them into Dittos.
However, the timing window for making bad clones is much easier in Stadium 2's GB tower, so I'd suggest just trying again in Gold that way. d:

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2017-06-11 20:52:51
Oh okay. Well either I'll try later on Gold with Stadium 2 or maybe I can just do the egg trick in Crystal instead.
Thanks.

Posted by: TheSixthItem
Date: 2017-06-22 03:49:55
Remember, bad clones DO have unterminated names so don't fuck around with them too much because they'll probably do some shit to your file