Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Alternative ways to get whatever Pokemon or Item you wante in G/S/C - Page 1

Alternative ways to get whatever Pokemon or Item you wante in G/S/C

Posted by: FFer
Date: 2017-07-23 09:14:28
Coin case Arbitrary code execution doesn't work in spanish version of G/S/C, but it is possible to register in your dex almost whatever pokemon you want via bad clone/egg glitch.

However there's a problem with  these 7 pokemon, (Articuno (Transform), Moltres (Dizzy Punch),  Gengar (Psychic) , Golem (Solar Beam), Steelix (Milk drink) Porygon 2 (Vital Throw), Slowking (Lock on)) Because there's no way one pokemon can pass these egg moves to the egg we want to hatch in this glitch.

Recently I have been interested in gia's shiny celebi glitch, specially in his method to get whatever shiny pokemon you want using friendship instead of the HEX moves .

The question here is, Is there any way to corrupt an egg so it will hatch in the pokemon you want, using friendship?

I've been messing up with the shiny celebi glitch (First time I got a shiny nº252 T_T) later I realised that you can use any lvl 0 pokemon which was in your party during the glitch instead of the rattata to get that pokemon. So is there any way to do it?

Thanks

Re: Alternative ways to get whatever Pokemon or Item you wante in G/S/C

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2017-07-24 04:46:28
To get the Pokémon of your choice in G/S/C, you have 5 solutions:

- Bad Clone Trick, as you mentioned. This glitch also allows you to equip a Pokémon with any move (using the item of corresponding hex ID) so that may help.
- One of the 4 methods of Code Execution: Coin Case (only in english games), TM Code Execution, Bad Clone Code Execution, and Move 00 Type Code Execution. You'll find thread about all of those in GCLF, but don't hesitate to ask if needed :)

I have no extensive knowledge about the method with friendship but I'm not sure you can corrupt an egg with it

Re: Alternative ways to get whatever Pokemon or Item you wante in G/S/C

Posted by: FFer
Date: 2017-07-24 18:28:35

-  TM Code Execution, Bad Clone Code Execution, and Move 00 Type Code Execution. You'll find thread about all of those in GCLF, but don't hesitate to ask if needed :)

As far as I know you need to trade with other  pokemon games in order to perform Move 00 Type Code Execution and TM Code Execution.
I know about  the Bad Clone Code Execution that Werster performed in his speedrun, but I couldn't find more information about that.

The problem here is that I can't equip an Egg with any of the 7 moves I mentioned before so it will have a Pokemon that hatches with the same moves, that's the main reason why I can't perform the celebi egg glitch in order to get any of those 7 pokemon. Even If I could equip any pokemon with any move, that doesn't mean the parents will pass the moves to the resultant egg by breeding.

I have no extensive knowledge about the method with friendship but I'm not sure you can corrupt an egg with it

Then you will find this glitch interesting

https://glitchcity.info/wiki/Shiny_Celebi_trick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnSEbS2vk-4

In this glitch he is using as many friendship points as the pokedex number of the pokemon he wants. But as the Celebi trick he can get the Pokemon, but he can't register it, so this would be very interesting if it had an egg variant like the main celebi glitch.