Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

glitched my party with ????? hex 00 - Page 1

glitched my party with ????? hex 00

Posted by: forsyz
Date: 2017-09-26 22:18:24
yeah i put more then 6 pokemon in my party and now my partys glitched and idk how to fix it my pokedex also got messed up and some pokemon are seen i did not see etc

Re: glitched my party with ????? hex 00

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-09-26 23:36:20

yeah i put more then 6 pokemon in my party and now my partys glitched and idk how to fix it my pokedex also got messed up and some pokemon are seen i did not see etc

I don't know for sure re:details but if you enter the Bug-Catching Contest on Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday and quit it's possible to fix your party.

This works if one of the ????? in the party is an FF in slot 1-6 (and 7?). The game will consider the FF as the end of the list and only give you back the Pokémon up to the FF. So for instance if FF is in slot 2 you will only get the Pokémon in slot 1 back.

I know when you have ????? (00) at the top of the party and use move PkMn w/o mail to move a new Pokémon on top the second Pokémon becomes a stable ????? (FF) when you take it into the Day Care and out, but without further details of what you did I'm afraid I'm unsure if you'll have a ????? (FF).

If it's possible to open the party Pokémon menu, you may be able to view a summary and scroll through until you find a ????? (FF), exit and switch it up (though note this is intricate and you can get freezes by staying on the menu too long).

If one of the Bug-Catching Contest days is too far away if you have the Unown listing try scrolling through the Unown to see if you have a corrupted Unown. If you do it's possible one (such as Unown 0x84) could cause a Glitch Dimension that prompts you to reset the clock. However I don't know of all the Unowns that do this and if that still works on Virtual Console.

Another way of resetting the clock might be with a clock reset password generator with the clock reset menu via Down+Select+B on the title screen (although in the past I've had bad luck with this).

http://www.psypokes.com/gsc/timechange.php

Date: 2017-09-27 00:03:31
pokedex data is screwed up though i also lost some pokemon by putting them in the glitched party

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-09-27 00:20:02
Sorry to hear that. Yeah it's a shame it does that :(.

If you can get back a normal party then it should be possible to use Coin Case ACE to fix whichever entries were lost.

Date: 2017-09-27 00:31:58
i just backed up my old save i lost some progress but i lost some of my pokemon by putting them into the part