Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

CHANGE ID NUMBER IN POKEMON SILVER VC ITALIAN VERSION - Page 1

CHANGE ID NUMBER IN POKEMON SILVER VC ITALIAN VERSION

Posted by: asphere
Date: 2017-09-27 03:54:53
Hello, i decide to open a post for my request becouse in others topics there are too many request per person.
Well as the title say i need to know how i can change ID NUMBER in pokemo silver VC italian version. I think there are some people that know or can create a way for achive it. I pray this people to help me becouse i unfortunatelly don't know how glitchs here work. If someone work on this project for me i can support him, just contact me. Anyway i say Thanks in advance to this comunity which always tends to help people like me.
I'll Wait some news.
Cya and good game!

Re: CHANGE ID NUMBER IN POKEMON SILVER VC ITALIAN VERSION

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2017-09-27 05:11:19
(at first, let me tell you that I'm speaking here in english for everyone to understand - but I'm a native italian speaker, just in case there is something you don't get, and want me to say in italian).

Doing such a thing is possible, and possibly through several methods. At the time, only one method is known to work in non-english games, although it's rather hard (other methods should be tested asap). The process of this method is the following:

- You must get two "Machine Part", and two "SecretPotion". It can work with other rare items, but if you change them, you must first make sure that in this table one of them is BEFORE Hexadecimal 64 and the other is AFTER. Since Rare Items cannot be attached to Pokémon, thus cannot be cloned, getting two rare items can only be done through using another glitch like Bad Clone Trick or using 8F/4F/wslm in a Red/Blue/Yellow game. We can guide you through this.

- Then, you must perform this simple glitch to allow an access to your PC items from your bag.

- You must then have at the second position in your party a Pokémon which has the specific Exp. Stats for the glitch to work, that is to say precisely hex:XXC3 for Defense and precisely hex:17D6 for Speed. This is incredibly hard to do at hand, although we may provide a way to do it with in-game battles. The best method may be to use code execution in a R/B/Y game to modify a Pokémon.

- Finally, you must store in the PC several items (we can help you figuring out exactly which ones) followed by a TM25, and use this TM25.

If you're interested in a detailed process for this very complex thing, I can write it for you. When I know more about other methods in italian games, I'll tell you.

Posted by: Nostalgia
Date: 2017-10-04 10:28:16
On the topic of changing your ID but in the English version (I thought I would ask in here instead of create a new thread…) what's the earliest you can perform it with the coin case? I assume by the time you are at Goldenrod so you can have a Quagsire with Return? Because changing your ID with box names surely makes it faster then the older method which required specific items in the PC, some of which you couldn't get until later in the game.

And a Quagsire can be required by Goldenrod by levelling up a wooper instead of waiting to get Surf and clearing the 4th gym to catch one. 

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm interested in changing my ID on English Gold for VC at the earliest opportunity possible in game.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-10-04 10:50:54

Hello, i decide to open a post for my request becouse in others topics there are too many request per person.
Well as the title say i need to know how i can change ID NUMBER in pokemo silver VC italian version. I think there are some people that know or can create a way for achive it. I pray this people to help me becouse i unfortunatelly don't know how glitchs here work. If someone work on this project for me i can support him, just contact me. Anyway i say Thanks in advance to this comunity which always tends to help people like me.
I'll Wait some news.
Cya and good game!

Hi I've yet to do this in the Italian version but will see if I can look into it for you.

Let me know of the ID number you want, and I'll try and put together what to do.

On the topic of changing your ID but in the English version (I thought I would ask in here instead of create a new thread…) what's the earliest you can perform it with the coin case? I assume by the time you are at Goldenrod so you can have a Quagsire with Return? Because changing your ID with box names surely makes it faster then the older method which required specific items in the PC, some of which you couldn't get until later in the game.

And a Quagsire can be required by Goldenrod by levelling up a wooper instead of waiting to get Surf and clearing the 4th gym to catch one. 

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm interested in changing my ID on English Gold for VC at the earliest opportunity possible in game.

That's right. You've also got to be able to get to Goldenrod because the Coin Case is in the underground.

Technically if one of your Pokémon doesn't have max happiness for the Return TM then you can use another TM (such as TM04, which can be found on Route 35 at the south when you get to the tall grass), but this would mean all the existing codes that use TM02 would have to be rewritten to begin at another box letter. (Notice the TM02 codes always begin with "A" because TM02 means the code starts at box name 1 character 2 and the first character of the first box name doesn't matter).

For TM04 it means the code would start at box 1 character 4 instead (D8C2), and because many of the box names are programmed to modify other characters at a specific place in the boxes it may not be as simple as shifting the code two more spaces forward "AAA(code)"

You can also use Wooper instead of Quagsire but its possible Wooper may not always make the jump to box names because instruction C2 (jp nz,$xxyy) will fail if the z flag is set, so it may be best to always use Quagsire. Additionally it must be night time for Wooper to appear (at Johto Route 32).

Tell me which ID you need and I can try and make a code for TM04 if you don't have the max happiness if you like. :)

Date: 2017-10-04 11:36:58
Understood. I believe the Pokemon does not need max happiness to get the Return TM, just a raised good happiness, unless they have changed it. If I speedrun to Goldenrod with my starter it should have enough happiness for the TM I think. But I will go with the ID 56665. Thanks for the help Torchickens. :)

Date: 2017-10-04 12:14:50
You're welcome. :)

Oh OK, that's good then. ^^ I just checked and it requires 150/255 happiness, so yep it may have enough by that point.

Good luck!

Date: 2017-10-04 13:30:50
Well I've got to Goldenrod (yes that was quick..) and I've got the Coin Case, Quagsire TM02 and TM04. Little under two hours playtime. Unfortunately I cannot get the Return TM as it's not the right day of the week, but good reason to try this TM04 method then!

Date: 2017-10-04 15:04:11
Wait a moment, sorry.  :( I made a mistake and you still need the Return TM as Return is the D8 in D8XX (box names). The only other move 1 here that would (at least reliably) work for box names is Future Sight (F8) because F8XX is effectively the same as D8XX, but Quagsire cannot learn Future Sight.

The TM04 would be possible only both with Quagsire holding it and Return as the first move (requiring getting the Return TM).

So it looks like waiting until Sunday is required (or possibly resetting the clock, see here) for the Return TM, unless the TM is traded over (outside of getting it with another ACE but that's what we're trying to do with Coin Case in the first place).

Congratulations on getting to Goldenrod, Quagsire and TM02, TM04 in under two hours though! :)

Date: 2017-10-04 15:43:45
Well seeing as I will need Return and I have TM02 already, I will go with this method seeing as it seems more simple (from how you describe it) then the TM04 method.

I just read that the clock reset trick for Gold and Silver apparently still works in VC, so I might try that tomorrow and reset the time to Sunday. If not, I'll just wait until Sunday. So many thanks if you can tell me what box names I will need to change my ID to 56665. :)

Yeah it would of been quicker if Wooper wasn't such a hassle to train, with it's 15 base Speed it's cripplingly slow to the point all the AI Pokemon outspeed it - and with it's base 25 Special Attack it's Water Gun hurts very little haha.

Date: 2017-10-04 16:36:12

Well seeing as I will need Return and I have TM02 already, I will go with this method seeing as it seems more simple (from how you describe it) then the TM04 method.

I just read that the clock reset trick for Gold and Silver apparently still works in VC, so I might try that tomorrow and reset the time to Sunday. If not, I'll just wait until Sunday. So many thanks if you can tell me what box names I will need to change my ID to 56665. :)

Yeah it would of been quicker if Wooper wasn't such a hassle to train, with it's 15 base Speed it's cripplingly slow to the point all the AI Pokemon outspeed it - and with it's base 25 Special Attack it's Water Gun hurts very little haha.

OK good luck! :)

Ouch, that sounds painful :/, lol. Glad you were able to train it without too many problems.

I've come up with a box name method that will give you 56665. Hope this works out for you.

First use the one-off code by FMK:

(REQUIRED) One-off code so all future codes don't need the 'return to game' code:
Box 1 : Ap0w'vA55 (XOR A; OR b6; SUB 0x80)
Box 2 : é'm2p'v7'v'd (LD [d2f8], A; XOR A; SUB fd; SUB d0)
Box 3 : éA355555 (LD [80f9], A)
Box 4+: 55555555 (Safe filler code)
Box 13: 5555péD9 (XOR A; LD [83ff], A)
Box 14: 'l'lA'lx'd55 (POP DE; POP DE; INC SP; POP DE; OR A; RET NC)

Next use this code:

Note: Multiplication x is the small x on the uppercase section.

Box 1: Ap'v'dé's25
Box 2: 'v9é(multiplication x)2p0'v
Box 3: 'v3éA4p0?
Box 4: 'vN555555
Box 5: 55555555
Box 6: 5555éA45
Box 7: 'v9éA5555
Box 8+:55555555
Box 13: Unchanged from before after using one-off code
Box 14: Unchanged from before after using one-off code

Posted by: forsyz
Date: 2017-10-04 20:17:12

Well I've got to Goldenrod (yes that was quick..) and I've got the Coin Case, Quagsire TM02 and TM04. Little under two hours playtime. Unfortunately I cannot get the Return TM as it's not the right day of the week, but good reason to try this TM04 method then!
you can change the time in gold and sliver and use that to get a bunch of hair cuts

Date: 2017-10-05 03:50:20
So I did both steps (took awhile to get a working slide Pokemon) and it changed the ID of the first Pokemon in my party to 56665, but the rest of the Pokemon still have the old ID and the trainer ID did not update.

I'm guessing because the code is the same as the one in your Mew video to change the one Mew to get the 22796 trainer ID, but I'm looking to permantely change the ID of the player character.

Edit: swapping any Pokemon to the first Pokemon in the party and using the coin case changes that Pokemon's ID to 56665, but the player's trainer ID remains unchanged meaning the Pokemon won't obey.

Date: 2017-10-05 09:30:49

So I did both steps (took awhile to get a working slide Pokemon) and it changed the ID of the first Pokemon in my party to 56665, but the rest of the Pokemon still have the old ID and the trainer ID did not update.

I'm guessing because the code is the same as the one in your Mew video to change the one Mew to get the 22796 trainer ID, but I'm looking to permantely change the ID of the player character.

Edit: swapping any Pokemon to the first Pokemon in the party and using the coin case changes that Pokemon's ID to 56665, but the player's trainer ID remains unchanged meaning the Pokemon won't obey.

I see. That's right, that code was a modified version of the GF Mew Trainer ID code.

These codes will change your Trainer ID (modification of addresses d1a1, d1a2) to 56665. To confirm this you can check the Trainer card.

Box 1: Ap0bé's25
Box 2: 'v9é(multiplication x)2p0'v
Box 3: 'v3éA(multiplication x)p0?
Box 4: 'vN555555
Box 5: 55555555
Box 6: 5555éA(multiplication x)5
Box 7+:55555555
Box 13: Unchanged from before after using one-off code
Box 14: Unchanged from before after using one-off code

Please note this will not change the ID of existing Pokémon. For that you'll have to use the other code that changes the ID of Pokémon 1.

Sorry about that, I thought you meant the ID of just Pokémon.

Hope this helps. :)

Date: 2017-10-05 10:19:18
Many thanks Torchickens it worked. :) Now any Pokemon I catch has that ID. I'll be keeping that slide Pokemon to use for future Coin Case glitches. It took over 10 attempts to get a working slide Pokemon, every other time it failed and I got sent in the glitch dimension lol.

Date: 2017-10-05 12:09:20

Many thanks Torchickens it worked. :) Now any Pokemon I catch has that ID. I'll be keeping that slide Pokemon to use for future Coin Case glitches. It took over 10 attempts to get a working slide Pokemon, every other time it failed and I got sent in the glitch dimension lol.

You're very welcome! :) Glad it worked.

Make sure not to walk around with the slide Pokémon too much and store it in the PC when you're not using it because if it gains a bad happiness value (in addition to stat experience from training it) it can cause the glitch to no longer work. It's also safe to give it the nickname "SLIDE" so you don't forgot what it is.