Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Coin Case Glitch: Hatching Pokemon with Box Code names - Page 3

Re: Coin Case Glitch: Hatching Pokemon with Box Code names

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2017-10-16 08:44:20
i tried that box name code but the "game's power just went out" aka black screen…

Posted by: Nostalgia
Date: 2017-10-16 09:19:15
Then it's either one of these 3 things:

1) Not following the exact movement steps and pattern

2) Having a slide Pokemon that doesn't work

3) A small error in the box code names, even the tiniest error like writing d instead of 'd matters and it helps to check the box names multiple times.

Those are the only things that would get a black screen and most of the time it's number 3. I've obtained 29 Pokemon with this glitch so it definitely works, you just need to double check everything.

Posted by: Dragon Arbock
Date: 2017-10-16 14:59:14

Apologies for double posting, but I only need Delibird, Steelix and Kingdra left, but the codes are wrong in DragonArbock's guide and I can't seem to get the right ones.

Others are wrong too, like Scizor is written as: é'm2p0's5 in Arbock's guide, but that's wrong as the correct code is é'm2p0'r'v9 by SpunkyBandy.

The majority seem right though, just a few are wrong and I wonder if anyone can help.

There is more than one way to write many of these codes. Both Scizor codes are correct, if you'd take the time to understand how they work.
I used the direct 's= 212 solution.
They used v1-v2 = x;  x + 256 = pokemon
'r - 9 (211 - 255) = -44;  -44 + 256 = 212
Both work.

As for the other other codes, I talked to them on youtube, they were not renaming their corrupted boxes after each attempt, and thus were getting the wrong things.

Now, I have a question- does anyone know how to modify the shiny code to give an attack stat that allows for female pokemon? As of now, the shiny code only gives males at the 50/50 ratio.
(Edit) It also only gives HP dragon, while HP grass would be the better option.

Posted by: Lost-Paisley
Date: 2017-12-13 02:48:07
Thought I should mention this as I just discovered it today, despite the fact that this code changes the pokemon species in the egg, the game still thinks of it as the offspring of the 2 mons you bred it from. You can't breed it with its parents even though you changed the species.

I found out all my mons bred by a Ditto and Hoppip can't breed at all with the Ditto because the game still considers them parent/offspring.  :-[

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2017-12-13 15:00:29

Thought I should mention this as I just discovered it today, despite the fact that this code changes the pokemon species in the egg, the game still thinks of it as the offspring of the 2 mons you bred it from. You can't breed it with its parents even though you changed the species.

I found out all my mons bred by a Ditto and Hoppip can't breed at all with the Ditto because the game still considers them parent/offspring.  :-[
Because incest is wrong. Anyway, nice find! It'll be annoying for those that want to circumvent it though…