Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Perfect Hidden Power Pokemon - Page 1

Perfect Hidden Power Pokemon

Posted by: Nostalgia
Date: 2017-10-02 11:54:00
So with the generation II games as I'm sure many of you are aware, you can any Pokemon shiny with just the manipulation of their DV's and the coin case, but using the same method you could also get perfect Hidden Power for certain Pokemon too as Hidden Power's strength and type is determined by a Pokemon's DV's.

Getting a max strength Hidden Power is nice, but sadly because Hidden Power is only determined by DV's in generation II and the formula completely changes in the later generations, it's probably the reason why no one cares about getting perfect Hidden Powers for pokes in generation II. But if you want to play competitive generation II games - having a perfect Hidden Power on your Pokemon is a good thing to have.

So I was wondering to those who know the coding better then me, what would I need to do to get a Pokemon with 15/13/13/15/15 stats which corresponds to a max power Hidden Power Bug? Which is useful for Thick Club Marowak, Scizor and Forretress among other things (and especially useful for Scizor and Forrettress in this generation as they learn no other bug moves).

http://www.psypokes.com/gsc/dvguide.php There is a list here of DV combinations for perfect Hidden Power's if anyone else is curious and if anyone else wants to post codes to get pokes with perfect Hidden Powers in another type (Ice, Grass, Water are other competitively useful Hidden Power types..).