Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Coin Case Glitch in other languages - Page 1

Coin Case Glitch in other languages

Posted by: Kami
Date: 2017-10-30 10:08:51
Hello! I hope this question doesn't exist already.
I am about to buy the Silver Virtual Console version on my 3ds.
I really want to buy it in german (I have the option to buy it in other languages aswell!)
And I want to know it the coin case glitch works on a non-english version of the game too. I just want to get a shiny ditto through this
(I don't have 2 3ds devices to perform the other trick)
If yes, does it work different than in the english versions?

If no, could I just buy the english version of the game on my german 3ds device to make it work?

Re: Coin Case Glitch in other languages

Posted by: Couldntthinkofaname
Date: 2017-10-30 10:15:00
If i'm not mistaken, the coin case was properly translated in all languages outside english, meaning the glitch is english only. Sorry.  :(

Date: 2017-10-30 10:29:42

If i'm not mistaken, the coin case was properly translated in all languages outside english, meaning the glitch is english only. Sorry.  :(

Okay, but would it work if I buy the english version of silver on my german 3ds?

Posted by: spamviech
Date: 2017-10-30 10:39:08
Works without problems.
Not sure how transfering to Pokémon Bank works (not possible so far), but it wasn't a problem for Gen1 VC variants.

You could try this guide, but ACE using box names is at least very difficult with the german charset (can't input most codes).

Date: 2017-10-30 10:40:50

Works without problems.
Not sure how transfering to Pokémon Bank works (not possible so far), but it wasn't a problem for Gen1 VC variants.

You could try this guide, but ACE using box names is at least very difficult with the german charset (can't input most codes).

Thanks! So just to make sure: if I buy the english version, it will work without problems?

Posted by: Couldntthinkofaname
Date: 2017-10-30 10:56:01

Works without problems.

Thanks! So just to make sure: if I buy the english version, it will work without problems?

Yep. The english version was translated incorrectly, and as such the glitch works fine.

Not sure about the German version. Most sources say english only.

Although, if you don't want to buy the english version, you could try TM 17 in the balls pocket as opposed to coin case. Spamveich linked a guide on how to do so in his reply.

Date: 2017-10-30 11:07:45

Works without problems.

Yep. The english version was translated incorrectly, and as such the glitch works fine.

Not sure about the German version. Most sources say english only.

Although, if you don't want to buy the english version, you could try TM 17 in the balls pocket as opposed to coin case. Spamveich linked a guide on how to do so in his reply.

Okay, that's all I needed to know. Thanks!
I am just fine starting my adventure in english!