Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Trading Pokémon with impossible items? - Page 1

Trading Pokémon with impossible items?

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2018-01-05 01:10:33
Hello,

I have been recently trying to ACE my french Silver game but unfortunately could only get several pseudo-Bad Clone and also a pseudo-pseudo-Bad Clone (a clone for which everything is $00 except for the species ID). Since you can transform any type of Bad Clone into Pokémon 000 in Crystal, I intend to get that game and perform the trick there.

But since Crystal ACE is a mess, I would like to create the Bellsprout/Machoc with Mystery Egg in Crystal but then send it to G/S where I can perform the luckytyphlosion's Item Shifting Glitch to get TM17.

The question is: Can a Pokémon with a held Key Item be traded, or will it be blocked?

Thanks anyone that can help! :)

Re: Trading Pokémon with impossible items?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2018-01-05 09:42:28
Based on when I tried using 8F to give Pokémon hold items for TM33 arbitrary code execution, you can trade a Pokémon with a key item with no problems. :) I'm not 100% sure if it works between two Generation II games but likely.

Posted by: Háčky
Date: 2018-01-05 09:58:25
There are no item checks for Generation II trades. Even the unused items corresponding to Generation I Pokémons catch rates, which are converted by the Time Capsule into different items, are not altered when traded from another Generation II game.

Date: 2018-01-05 11:00:59

There are no item checks for Generation II trades. Even the unused items corresponding to Generation I Pokémons catch rates, which are converted by the Time Capsule into different items, are not altered when traded from another Generation II game.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. :)

Date: 2018-01-05 11:29:46
Thanks a lot to both of you! :)

Date: 2018-01-05 15:58:22
Anytime ^^. Good luck on your task!

Posted by: mattrs2
Date: 2018-02-01 16:25:20
Hi, just letting you know for those you can obtain a ???? in other games and trade it between to use for ACE. Trading isn't region locked so English can trade French. (to some degree it's easier to obtain in ENG) Don't have to worry about it being a bad clone as they become ???? anyway during the setups. ;P

Date: 2018-02-01 16:54:09
Oh, that's good to know! I might do that. Thanks  ;)