Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

save file destroyed bypass gameshark codes - Page 1

save file destroyed bypass gameshark codes

Posted by: Adam_12
Date: 2018-02-28 15:51:50
Hi everyone. First post here.  I'm a long time lurker, and a big fan of the site and all the work you guys do.

I'm not sure if this is the right board to post this.  If not please feel free to move it.

Herds my problem: while experimenting a bit with various glitches I stupidly managed to corrupt the save files on both my Gold and Crystal carts.  Its not a huge deal, because no have backup saves on my Mega Memory Cards.

But I'd like to explore the corrupted saves a bit.  If I remember correctly there's a problem with a chat cksum causing the "save file is corrupted" message, and most of the data is still intact.

I was hoping someone could share gameshark codes to bypass the error message, and force the games to load the corrupted saves anyway.

I've had interesting results with corrupt data before.  When I did a similar thing on my red years ago my name was the default 'NINTEN' and lots of my pokemonhad the species of the Pokemon next to it, but the name and moves of what it originally was.

In a slightly related case, I once played a Gold cart with a dead batters, saving using my Game shark's be nap shot feature.  This doesn't save PC Pokemon correctly and iendednup with a bunch of level 100 random Pokemon with garbage names, weird moves location caught data, even though it was gold, and Pokerus.I still have many of those to this day and spread the pokerus around as much as possible. 

When I loaded that game into stadium 2, I had a mystery gift waiting for me of a gs ball

Well, enough reminiscence.

TLDR: I have corrupt saves on Gold and Crystal, not the batteries fault.  Does anyone know and can share gameshark codes to bypass the error traps?

Re: save file destroyed bypass gameshark codes

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2018-02-28 17:05:18
I don't believe that's possible, since the data is destroyed and cannot be recovered. Neither of GCL's GameShark pages for English GS/C codes have anything for this, and those pages are exhaustive.

Re: save file destroyed bypass gameshark codes

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-02-28 22:03:04
GameShark is impossible. Game Genie might do the job, but I'm not sure how.
Anyways, if your save is corrupt, it's for a good reason - it probably wouldn't load if you forced it to.