Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

The pokegear option on my pause menu is gone - Page 1

The pokegear option on my pause menu is gone

Posted by: Inkblot
Date: 2018-04-04 12:22:42
I somehow seemed to have removed the pokegear option from my pause menu when playing crystal on the virtual console . I don't know how it happened. I was trying to get the expansion card, but it said I didn't have the radio option. I went and got it, and then got the expansion card. However, when I went to use it, I found that the option was gone.

I have set up ACE, and I might have done something by mistake that caused this. I was wondering if there is an even flag I could edit to unlock the option again. What memory adresses would I need to change, and what would I need to set it to so I can get the option back?

Re: The pokegear option on my pause menu is gone

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2018-04-04 13:45:26
That's odd.

If you set D957 to FF you should be able to get it back.

Which type of ACE are you using? There is the unterminated name/0x15 control character one but also wrong pocket TM33 or wrong pocket TM21/TM25.

If you are using a wrong pocket TM/HM (box 1 character 1; DB75), then this code should do the trick:

Box 1: p0!'vQéC5
Box 2: p09éA3'vA
Box 3: px'd55555

Doing this with the Lapras with Safeguard and Bide setup then should include code to pop hl, so should look like this:

Box 3: pPkx'd5555

Hope this helps.

Date: 2018-04-04 13:47:19

That's odd.

If you set D957 to FF you should be able to get it back.

Which type of ACE are you using? There is the unterminated name/0x15 control character one but also wrong pocket TM33 or wrong pocket TM21/TM25.

If you are using an unterminated name ACE to box names (box 1 character 1; DB75), then this code should do the trick:

Box 3: px'd55555

Doing this with the Lapras with Safeguard and Bide setup then should include code to pop hl, so should look like this:

Box 3: pPkx'd5555

Hope this helps.

I am using wrong pocket ACE, which i set up with back clone ACE. I wasn't paying attention to my pause menu so i don't know when i lost the option, but I just can't seem to select it. my phone numbers are still intact, as I keep getting calls. But the option isn't there

Date: 2018-04-04 13:49:51
That's good then, if you have the right setup to box name character 1 the first code should work.

Changing D957 may bring it back when the value is FF, because if that value is 00 (or theoretically a certain bit is unset) you don't have the option like you described.

I think the option can disappear when swapping entries in the expanded Balls pocket because that can shift memory addresses backwards.

Edit: I made a mistake in my message and didn't mention it was for wrong pocket TM/HM in the first box name code.

Date: 2018-04-04 13:58:32

That's good then, if you have the right setup to box name character 1 the first code should work.

Changing D957 may bring it back when the value is FF, because if that value is 00 (or theoretically a certain bit is unset) you don't have the option like you described.

I think the option can disappear when swapping entries in the expanded Balls pocket because that can shift memory addresses backwards.

Edit: I made a mistake in my message and didn't mention it was for wrong pocket TM/HM in the first box name code.

I ended up Using a memory editor code set up to change the address, and it worked! I have my pokegear back!

Date: 2018-04-04 13:59:29

I ended up Using a memory editor code set up to change the address, and it worked! I have my pokegear back!

Great, pleased to hear it! :)

Date: 2018-04-04 14:13:36

Great, pleased to hear it! :)

So now i have another issue. the radio option on my pokegear won't let me play any music, and the scrolling seems to be glitched as it can scroll past the boundaries of the border. Is there any way to fix this?

Date: 2018-04-04 14:22:54
That should be D958. Changing it to 00 should fix it.

Also check D959 (last Pokédex mode) it might be glitched so if it is try changing it to 00 (new), 01 (old) or 02 (A-Z).

Date: 2018-04-04 15:09:30

Also check D959 (last Pokédex mode) it might be glitched so if it is try changing it to 00 (new), 01 (old) or 02 (A-Z).

cool, that fixed it! Thanks!

Date: 2018-04-04 15:28:12

cool, that fixed it! Thanks!

You're welcome :)