Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

teru-sama? - Page 1

teru-sama?

Posted by: xeno
Date: 2018-06-12 17:47:05
Hihi,

Long time no see lol…
I was playing around with the pokemon gold beta and I found some interesting things that I am unsure if its cataloged or not, such as that you can trade to a classic red and blue/yellow, but not to retail silver or gold. While finding that I found that you can by extension get these beta pokemon into silver or gold retail versions, but predictably, they will change from, for example, kruz, to totodile. But the more interesting thing is that silver will allow it, despite these being fully glitched pokemon in classic red. So, my question about teru-sama is, what is this item? it was on the beta kruz pokemon that I sent over to red, then to silver. I tried to make sense of it since I''m studying Japanese, but I was unable to beyond that it may be an item for raising affection(which I don't recall there being a way to do in gen 1 or 2) Can anyone take a look and possibly tell me what it is?

Also, I'll include pictures of the beta kruz being sent to silver incase anyone wanted to see.
this stuff is probably already categorized, but I figured I'd post "just in case"

terusama: https://app.box.com/s/k8sdoagqrex1b607apcwtgvzse47b3l7
kruz 1: https://app.box.com/s/blud7w2l9y67bc5atk2r1gzlloh3zpn9
kruz 2: https://app.box.com/s/3dqdbryei81pnu7ftu24nspus9zre8aq
kruz 3: https://app.box.com/s/q2xlil4dddgdgz1ha65069omi4hmz2dy

Edit: a minor other note I found is that SOME cheat codes from the English pokemon silver or gold are compatible with the beta. nothing important like walking through walls, but things like making the sprites disappear.

Re: teru-sama?

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2018-06-12 20:04:20
According to Bulbapedes, it was called "Kabichuu" in the final version as well, with no agreed-upon meaning. I'm very curious about what else might result from trades between this and the retail games!

Date: 2018-06-12 21:50:22

According to Bulbapedes, it was called "Kabichuu" in the final version as well, with no agreed-upon meaning. I'm very curious about what else might result from trades between this and the retail games!

I was under the impression that teru-samas were literally called teru-samas but in hiragana in the Japanese version, no wonder I didn't find anything. I think that it's possible that all beta pokemon will bring over a kabichu. Apparently if it's tossed then it sounds like it's used, which naturally can bring great confusion.

With the beta tried to trade a Charizard M from red and unfortunately it didn't work. When I got out of the trade room, the beta was MASSIVELY glitched. Very similar to Charizard M's initial effect in English red. I do know of a way to check that effect though…a long time ago, I traded a glitched Mewtwo turned Bulbasaur (wtwo) and it had super glitch. I could replicate that in the Japanese version, since connection from the beta to the English red caused havoc, as to be expected. I'll see what I can do :)

Date: 2018-06-12 22:07:15
So the betas aren't immune to unintended instructions from other games…I wonder if the ACE crew are getting any ideas.

Date: 2018-06-12 23:19:57
I don't think so, it'd make sense that its not immune. It does seem to have some kind of protection against trading glitched pokemon to it though. if it has super glitch, then all I need to do is have it view the pokemon, the trouble seems to be getting it to be able to view it :/
I've tried a number of ways, and what ends up happening is that the games pokedex gets messed up(the beta) and the map is demolished leaving me only 1 tile to stand on, and I can't move, even with the betas walking through walls.
I'll try to trade a pokemon with superglitch, since I may have located one, to the beta tomorrow…(or get it to view it)

Is it known that you can trade beta pokemon to red and blue/yellow and green and by extension silver/gold/crystal(I presume)? I can detail that extra step thats needed to open the connection if desired :)

edit: Unfortunately, it was a failure, I know that something is causing the beta to freak out, I just don't know what it is. Superglitch has a legit move in its slot in the beta, so its not that.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-06-14 09:19:23
It's known that the Time Capsule works in the protos, not sure if it's documented. I understand that there aren't any protections to trade Gen 2 mons/moves/etc like in the final, but I'm not sure how it ends up.

Date: 2018-06-14 09:27:25

It's known that the Time Capsule works in the protos, not sure if it's documented. I understand that there aren't any protections to trade Gen 2 mons/moves/etc like in the final, but I'm not sure how it ends up.

The Gen 2 beta mons generally end up in gen 1 as glitch monsters that make Cthulu weep. But they are oddly allowed into Gen 2 production versions, in my experimentation, but end up as the Pokedex numbers of their original versions, so snubble would probably end up being Lugia or something, whereas, as described above, kruz, turns into totodile. If I misunderstood your statement, I apologize.

Posted by: Duelist Of Roses
Date: 2018-06-30 16:18:04
In Gen 2, Teru-sama is the name given to placeholder items. It is similar to Missingno in the Pokedex but with items instead. Teru-sama items are simply items without a name or use and are unobtainable without cheats or glitches.

Date: 2018-07-01 06:26:28
We already know that. Please do not bump topics unless you have pertinent information to bring, and a good reason to do so.

Besides, Teru-Sama items do have a name ("Teru-Sama"), and some of them have a use (eg. one of them brings up a Gen I-resembling Town Map).

Date: 2018-07-01 17:33:56

We already know that. Please do not bump topics unless you have pertinent information to bring, and a good reason to do so.
I was planning to send you a PM about this, but it slipped my mind last night and this is essentially what it was going to consist of. Aside from necroposting, which I'll just consider an honest mistake, you haven't done anything that explicitly breaks the rules, but posts that don't add to the discussion are frowned upon in general and it would be good if you considered this more going forward. The mods and admins have gone back and forth for a while on whether or not to add something along these lines to the rules and haven't reached a definite consensus. Anyway, enthusiasm and knowledgeability will end up showing on their own, so there's no need to be in a rush to post as much as possible. I don't want to be trigger-happy with WoM or alienate a new member, so I'm fine letting all of this slide this time.

Date: 2018-07-02 03:42:18
NB: I side with Sherkel (and the rest of the staff, I guess :P) on that matter.