Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

mapper in gold beta is bugged? - Page 1

mapper in gold beta is bugged?

Posted by: xeno
Date: 2018-06-14 09:15:14
hihi, me again…

Ok, so it seems like the mapper is bugged in the gold beta. I can give a link to a video of this that I posted to youtube, (but I don't want to advertise per se) but I was fiddling around and I found that if you summon a familiar(npc that follows you) then warp to a new map, the familiar will stop moving. I also found that if you move around too much, the game will crash. This probably happens due to the coordinates being skewn as with the familiar. If you open the mapper mode, and then exit out, after the first or second time, the coordinates that the mapper locks onto will bypass the boundaries and occasionally, into a glitch city. (as in glitch city, not an alpha city that is glitched)

The way to bypass the crash without entering the mapper to leave the traditional map boundaries is to summon another familiar, this restores the coordinates. Chances are the code for the familiar is always stored at relative coordinates 5A FC or thereabouts. as a result, when the familiar is summoned, nothing happens, but it messes with the default code when warping and the mapper locks onto that coordinate instead of yours. That's my working theory.

What do you guys think?
(sorry, meant to post this in gen 2 glitch discussion)

EDIT: I just did this again in silent hills and it broke the camera, It stopped moving entirely.