Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Glitch Pokémon Species in the Gen 2 Leaks - Page 2

Re: Gen 2 Leak's Version Of MISSINGNO.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2018-07-29 22:18:43
Honestly, I feel pretty useless at this amongst people like Isso, ZZAZZ, and yourself who can take one look at the debugger and know exactly how to find all the needed info. There's really no substitute for going directly to the source…but I do still want to help in whatever way I can while I'm here.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2018-07-30 06:24:02

Honestly, I feel pretty useless at this amongst people like Isso, ZZAZZ, and yourself who can take one look at the debugger and know exactly how to find all the needed info. There's really no substitute for going directly to the source…but I do still want to help in whatever way I can while I'm here.

Not at all. You're a great help!

I feel similar sometimes as although I can do it, I'm still not that good at programming and analysing code (TheZZAZZGlitch and ISSOtm are a lot better than me), but any research even if from observation is valuable.

Actually what I did was look at the data/pokemon/base_stats directory in the disassembly, took the data for Bulbasaur (fushigidane), looked for the bytes in a hex editor and used extrapolation to find the glitch Pokémon data based on this (you just need to adjust the 0x383DE to the start of the data structure and 0x1C to the new size for the Space World demo).

Date: 2018-07-30 12:55:01
Well, thank you then!

Actually what I did was look at the data/pokemon/base_stats directory in the disassembly, took the data for Bulbasaur (fushigidane), looked for the bytes in a hex editor and used extrapolation to find the glitch Pokémon data based on this (you just need to adjust the 0x383DE to the start of the data structure and 0x1C to the new size for the Space World demo).

Ah, I see. That's simpler than I thought. I can definitely grab the TM/HM data with this.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-07-30 21:45:56
Maybe we're better, but we're also fairly inactive. I have my hands full with gb-asm-tutorial, Aevilia's rewrite, and my studies. So I'm not a big help, therefore yours is welcome anytime.
Anytime!

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2018-07-30 22:55:26

any research even if from observation is valuable

isso got onto me for doing empirical testing a while back, still dunno why. (I was gonna put together a somewhat-rough RAM map of the demo, IIRC)

Date: 2018-07-31 00:21:14
Note that empirical testing = corrupting RAM randomly here.

Date: 2018-07-31 23:32:15
Fair enough then!

I added the Dex entries of the five glitch species to the wiki. I'll do the cries once I know where on the page they're supposed to go, and the TM/HMs when I'm able to think straight.

Date: 2018-08-01 05:07:40
<insert pun about thinking gay>

Date: 2018-08-01 16:37:44
So…uhh…pretty sure I'm not thinking gay anymore, but where is the starting point of the Pokémon data in the G/S demo? There's no "data" folder in the disassembly like there is in pokered.

Re: Glitch Pokémon Species in the Gen 2 Leaks

Date: 2018-08-01 18:31:17
Keep in mind the disasm is extremely WIP. May be worth to check out shim.sym if they didn't remove it already.