Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Wrong Pocket TM17 ACE in G/S (French, VC) for wild Pokémon DVs - Page 1

Wrong Pocket TM17 ACE in G/S (French, VC) for wild Pokémon DVs

Posted by: Link_enfant
Date: 2019-03-01 07:31:36
Following my latest posts in the Arbitrary code execution in Gold/Silver UE using the Coin Case thread, I decided to make a new thread instead as I'm not really concerned by any Coin Case method.

I currently have access to ACE in a French Silver version on 3DS VC, and I've been looking for a code (with box names) to force wild Pokémon DVs, so they're always perfect or always result in shiny Pokémon for instance.
(I already have the required setup with a slide Pokémon and the right Quagsire, and had other box name codes work without issue.)

I guess it'd also modify trainers' Pokémon but I don't mind; it would be really great to have some control with the code though, like choosing different DV values by changing only one or two characters but that might require a lot of work.

I randomly found Epsilon's code in YouTube videos (one by imself and another one from Torchickens), but that one of course is for US versions sadly so I don't have some required characters. Here's the code:

All encountered Pokemon are <insert x Pokemon here> and shiny:
Box 1:  Ap'v8é'm25
Box 2:  p0(male)55555
Box 3:  'vAé52p0'm
Box 4:  éJ9p0(female)55
Box 5:  éK9p0255
Box 6:  éL9p'd555
Box 7:  p0?yyéA'd
Box 8:  p0éé(female)'dyy
Box 9:  p0ké0'dp'd

I then read other posts on the same thread and found that Epsilon created another code to find wild Pokémon with perfect DVs. A few posts later, he managed to convert the code for French versions as shown below:

All wild Pokémon have flawless DVs (French version):
ApAu'oéJ9
p0(female)éK955
p02éL955
p0Au'qé62
é32u'9m'55
09é(female)Aé0A
pu'9m'5555

Sadly, I can onfirm that this code doesn't work at least on VC (freeze on white screen upon using TM17).
There are a lot of discussions available so maybe what I'm looking for already exists, but I haven't read through every thread yet.

By any chance, would anyone be able to make this kind of code work on French G/S?
I'm not sure if the two codes above can be useful as a basis, as the first one works but for US version and the other one doesn't seem to work.

Of course I'll do everytyhing I can to help if anyone kindly takes some time for this request. :)