Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Exp glitch in Crystal? - Page 1

Exp glitch in Crystal?

Posted by: Halfshadow
Date: 2019-03-08 12:58:22
Hello, I want to ask you if you know a glitch that occasionally can corrupt the experience sharing when 2 pokémons fight the same battle.

I'm a hacker that is making (and finishing) a 2.0 G/S/C hack rom. I added the safari battle type with the rock and the bait to finish all missing stuff cutted out due to the out of time issue for the developing and yesterday, trying the paralysis catch rate glitch fix I tried to catch the added Zapdos outside the Power Plant like in HG/SS. I paralyzed it trough another Zapdos and Thunder wave, but it go KO itself due to Struggle, and I saw something strange, also if I switched to Thyplosion at the half battle at the end of the battle said that Thyplosion received the exp points and then again the same message. And then for all other wild battles said always that the last pokémon won the battle shared the exp only with itself, without share with the other pokémon before it.

I tried to reset the game and is turned all normal, but I don't know what's happened.

Is a common glitch or could be something wrong with my hack rom? I tried again today but I didn't obtain the same glitch… I'm confused…

Re: Exp glitch in Crystal?

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-03-08 19:07:01
So to be clear, the experience was shared evenly between Typhlosion and the other battlers after you reset the game, but not when first defeating the wild Zapdos?

No particular glitch comes to mind, but I'm also not the best to ask…

Date: 2019-03-08 19:29:31

So to be clear, the experience was shared evenly between Typhlosion and the other battlers after you reset the game, but not when first defeating the wild Zapdos?

No particular glitch comes to mind, but I'm also not the best to ask…
I don't know… When the glitch was verified during wild Zapdos fainting by Struggle I noted it. And in the next battle switching the pokémon cause that the second and winner shared the experience yes, but with itself, but this afternoon I retried to recreate the same conditions but nothing happened… I can't know what think about… I was using Lameboy emulator on the DS and through the L button to speed-up all the battle… Maybe the speed-up is the guilt? When I used it sometimes I found 2 shiny pokémons in Crystal, also with the VBA. And not after hours searching wild pokémons in the grass, also if they were the first when loaded the game.

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-03-09 11:50:17
Lameboy, VBA, and speed-up all make me think it was an emulation error, especially considering it only happened once.

Date: 2019-03-09 12:49:04
I hope. But is strange. Once also I tried to threw a ball to a CAL's Pokémon in the trainer house and the fight ended automatically, always when I was in full speed with VBA instead of Lameboy. And I retried and never again happened…

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2019-03-09 21:45:51
I suggest using BGB to test your hack, as it's the most accurate GB/GBC. (That is if you don't have a flash cart and a GB.) I've had a strange glitch occur once while normally playing Crystal in VBA, and it happened at random. (It was a VRAM glitch, and honestly I couldn't tell you how it even happened because I was just normally playing the game…)

Date: 2019-03-10 04:18:30
Thank you for your replies. Now I'm a bit quieter. XD

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-03-10 11:53:47

I suggest using BGB to test your hack, as it's the most accurate GB/GBC.
SameBoy is, technically, but ok.