Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Someone has found a method to find wild Pokémon in Spaceworld 97 Beta - Page 1

Someone has found a method to find wild Pokémon in Spaceworld 97 Beta

Posted by: Unused Trainer
Date: 2019-10-25 11:26:04
Hi at all, someone has found a method to find wild Pokémon in Pokémon Gold Spaceworld 97 Demo, the Pokémon found in the video are: baby Vulpix, Doduo, Tentacool and Spearow:

https://youtu.be/5Bh6eKen5qc

I think there's other wild Pokémon to find in this demo with this method.

Re: Someone has found a method to find wild Pokémon in Spaceworld 97 Beta

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-10-26 05:00:02
What is he doing exactly? Just finding a location where wild encounters are enabled?

Aside from glitches in an unreleased beta arguably not being relevant, the fact he's already using the debug version and an inaccurate emulator on top of it makes it negligible in my opinion.

In case you were wondering which wild Pokémon would appear in which locations in the demo if they were enabled, pret's already got you covered.

Date: 2019-10-26 05:45:40

What is he doing exactly? Just finding a location where wild encounters are enabled?

Aside from glitches in an unreleased beta arguably not being relevant, the fact he's already using the debug version and an inaccurate emulator on top of it makes it negligible in my opinion.

In case you were wondering which wild Pokémon would appear in which locations in the demo if they were enabled, pret's already got you covered.

I tested that method, and i have finded a Rhyorn and an Exeggcute in the tall grass to the left of High Tech.

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-10-27 20:19:24

I tested that method, and i have finded a Rhyorn and an Exeggcute in the tall grass to the left of High Tech.
> inaccurate emulator
We mean VBA.
Or any emulator besides Sameboy, BGB or Gambatte.

Date: 2019-11-08 04:23:39
There's a guide here: https://jaybug-jimmies.tumblr.com/post/174481138256/location-dex-for-pokemon-gold-spaceworld-demobeta

Date: 2019-11-08 23:45:54
So encounters are possible in the debug version of the demo. I suppose that's at least slightly relevant.

Date: 2020-01-08 08:11:48
Any new news about Pokémon Gold and Silver beta?

Date: 2020-01-08 09:07:06

The original leaker had all his data compromised by legal order and Ganix shared all he was given, so it's just as uncertain as before it first happened whether or not there will be any more news of this sort.

Date: 2020-01-09 15:12:17

The original leaker had all his data compromised by legal order and Ganix shared all he was given, so it's just as uncertain as before it first happened whether or not there will be any more news of this sort.
I'm really sorry for leakers, I hope this issue can be resolved and that a lot of info on Pokemon beta will be released in the future.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2020-01-09 15:29:01

I'm really sorry for leakers, I hope this issue can be resolved and that a lot of info on Pokemon beta will be released in the future.
I'm sorry for them too. I feel it wasn't the leakers faults in they didn't mean to do bad (deep down they are respectful people), but it seems they have to now take responsibility for theft (of the Space World assets, CapuMon assets). We may just not know the circumstances well enough, and in some respects; the discussion has opened a rabbit hole (and feelings of both "they confessed what happened; that's a good sign" and "this is not the right place"). The law unfortunately has to make a decision, and Game Freak/Nintendo/TPC have the rights what to do in terms of release - so they may either be more open about Pokémon betas/MissingNo.'s eventually, or may not. The hard truth in law is they broke confidentiality (the Nintendo servers; which contained user information)/non-disclosure, and officially the jurisdiction has to manage what happens.

Date: 2020-01-10 12:28:36
I hope that these problems can be resolved as soon as possible, we fans absolutely need information about the beta versions of the Pokémon videogames.

Date: 2020-01-10 16:05:43

I hope that these problems can be resolved as soon as possible, we fans absolutely need information about the beta versions of the Pokémon videogames.
I agree completely. But as this incident shows, where there's a will, there's a way!

Date: 2020-01-11 10:25:39

I agree completely. But as this incident shows, where there's a will, there's a way!
For us fans of the beta versions of the Pokémon games it is absolutely essential that there are leakers who punctually give new information, the next beta mystery to be solved is for example the beta versions of Pokémon Ruby & Shappire, and the leaker's work will be basically to solve such mysteries.

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2020-01-11 13:02:51

For us fans of the beta versions of the Pokémon games it is absolutely essential that there are leakers who punctually give new information, the next beta mystery to be solved is for example the beta versions of Pokémon Ruby & Shappire, and the leaker's work will be basically to solve such mysteries.
i feel like if it wasn't expected to come pre-deconstructed they might come more often

Date: 2020-01-12 10:50:54
Will there be any new information on the Pokémon video game beta in the coming months?