Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation II Glitch Discussion

Possible Magnet Train glitch () in Gold/Silver (JP?) - Page 1

Possible Magnet Train glitch () in Gold/Silver (JP?)

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2020-04-29 16:28:11
Originally called the "Linear" (Motorcar) ((Maglev train)) glitch or just "Linear Bug". An old Nicovideo video from 2008 shows that somehow you're able to walk in the train reserved area by immediately reboarding back to Goldenrod City after taking the train to Saffron City. https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4074945 You can then do a number of tricks like muting the music and speaking to the train staff from the wrong way/above him; causing you to follow a bad path and walk through some walls on the way.

While I'm not sure of the veracity of this glitch (which is by Nico Kuriya) it might have been an obscure overlooked glitch. It might have been performed on Pokémon Stadium 2's GB Tower. In order to replicate the glitch then, it may be worth taking that and the revision (as Pocket Monsters Kin/Gin had two revisions probably distinguishable from a minor marking on the cartridge like the others; Red/Green, Japanese Yellow and English Crystal (which also has a newly documented Australia centric revision) into consideration; or it might just work regardless of these factors.

Translation of description: "The player doesn't seem to be able to leave (the train area). Please forgive the video quality. I'd like a high resolution version but I don't know how to do it."