Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Evolving Mew on Pokemon Ruby??? - Page 1

Evolving Mew on Pokemon Ruby???

Posted by: MissingNo
Date: 2006-04-12 11:42:14
I watched a video on Google that had shown me that Mew evolved in Pokemon Ruby! What the heck?
He used a GS though, so maybe it really WAS a glitch…
It evolved at Lv. 14.

Re: Evolving Mew on Pokemon Ruby???

Posted by: GlitchManic
Date: 2006-04-12 16:50:25
Don't you think it is strange the person was videoing his GBA at the same time mew evolved?

Isn't there something strange there?
;)

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2006-04-12 18:07:20
This was definitely not a real glitch. The video could have even been completely forged, if the person knew what he was doing and had access to a lot of R/S sprites. Most likely it was sharked, though. If it was a real glitch, why would it evolve into Mewtwo and not some completely random normal or Glitch Pok?mon?

Posted by: Robjoe1107
Date: 2006-04-12 19:39:56
That's so fake, it ain't even funny. :P This takes me back to the dark ages, back when I was in 3rd grade, when people made up lies constantly in hopes of gaining respect. Anyone else know what I'm talking about? =P

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-04-12 22:37:00
It looks doctored. Especially the evolution sequence.

And there's the fact that he had Lugia. And Charizard. On RUBY. Yeah, sure, he could have gotten them from FR/LG, but it seems he isn't even that far in the game yet (Don't you have to have passed a certain checkpoint to be able to trade from Fr/Lg? Or am I just remembering wrongly?)

Posted by: MissingNo
Date: 2006-04-13 06:37:45
In the description he said he used a Gameshark.

Posted by: Robjoe1107
Date: 2006-04-13 16:12:23

It looks doctored. Especially the evolution sequence.

And there's the fact that he had Lugia. And Charizard. On RUBY. Yeah, sure, he could have gotten them from FR/LG, but it seems he isn't even that far in the game yet (Don't you have to have passed a certain checkpoint to be able to trade from Fr/Lg? Or am I just remembering wrongly?)

FR/LG weren't even concieved when R/S were made. Therefore, they didn't put in any kind temporary "block", so to speak. I believe you're thinking of how you have to complete the Network Machine in FR/LG to trade with other regions.

Anyway, the fact that this guy used a Gameshark effectively blows the whole "glitch" theory out of the water. It's quite possible that he entered a code to tell Pok?mon x to evolve into Pok?mon y at level z. But I also bet that the video was forged/doctored.

Posted by: GlitchManic
Date: 2006-04-17 08:41:42
I think the part where mew was changing into mewtwo lasted too long - usally it dosen't hurt my eyes!

Posted by: Glitch Reasearcher
Date: 2006-05-07 03:51:38
he was using a VBA. because with a VBA, you can record a movie with it, and it will save to your computer, making it very easy to put on a website, plus it will look normal if you make it smaller, meaning it had to be a VBA. why I say that is because I have A VBA  and it will klook like that if you enlarge it, the same case as the video.

Posted by: Ojama
Date: 2006-08-12 21:56:24
Kool!=-D

Posted by: silverentei
Date: 2006-08-19 14:51:03
That is definately GameSharked, but that is just plain weird. O_o

Posted by: Lishy
Date: 2006-09-24 15:44:39
Ever heard of  using a pokemon r/s/e/fr/lg editor to edit the pokemon?He simply used one of the functions to make mew evolve at level 14.
Simple?

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-09-24 17:08:39
Gamesharked or hacked, it is false and does not occur in the real game.

Locked.