Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Can people tell glitches for... - Page 1

Can people tell glitches for...

Posted by: DeoxysFan96
Date: 2006-05-29 02:40:35
Emerald, Sapphire, Ruby, Gold, and Silver? I dont have RBY, so can people tell me and the public some glitches for those games?

Re: Can people tell glitches for...

Posted by: PokemonPichu
Date: 2006-05-29 03:16:26
The thread's full of glitches for GSCRBE.  ;)

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-05-29 03:47:37
Nintendo apparently wised up, so you won't find 60 bug-ridden pixel-mess glitches in those games. The glitch pokemon that do appear there are safe compared to R/B/Y, and require cheat codes to access (to our knowledge).

Posted by: Skeith
Date: 2006-05-29 18:53:54
I know a few off the top of my head. You know in your Pokedex when there is a Pokemon missing?[The ? in that black circle.] There is a chance to see it in the wild, along with two blocky "? ?".I'm not sure if this is true, but cheating devices can access these. The chance [from what I know] is around is almost impossible to see without using cheating devices.I think the circle '?' is the only safe one and knows only tackle.

"BAD EGG" appears after using certain codes in a 3rd generation game [not sure about 2nd generation.] deliberately. It can also appear after bad Pokemon transfering or normal currupted game. It's been added so no one would use cheats to get rare Pokemon. Hatching it can freeze the game, hatch into a ?, or more.

This is to MY Knowledge. Most likely there is more info/glitches.

Posted by: GlitchManic
Date: 2006-05-31 04:48:31
The 'two blocky ?' just happens to be MissingNO.

Posted by: PokemonPichu
Date: 2006-05-31 05:58:14
In Pokemon RBY most glitches were unique. This is because their pointers might be assigned to random places in the ROM by the programmers. In modern games the unused HEX values are usually pointed to "unused value"  data that is usually safe. This is why ?????????? and ????? has a picture drawn by the artists and not a scrambled block and why they have real text in the pokedex data telling, "This is a newly discovered POKeMON. It is currently under investigation. No detailed infomation is available at this time." Sounds like in Pokemon DP there will be a pokemon called ?????????? and that it looks like a floating sphere with a question mark on it. :P

Posted by: GlitchManic
Date: 2006-06-02 03:24:54
The programmers most likly set it up so that if a null sprite stream came up, it shows the ?