Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Ditto on my Ruby. - Page 1

Ditto on my Ruby.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2007-09-22 12:27:45
Okay, I'm not sure if this would add as a glitch but here what happened. Okay, I've been tempting to breed Eevee's for like months, right when I checked my Ruby, sitting in my party was a Ditto. I checked it it out, and it's from my old Firered Data, I have bad memory but, it said it was obtained, in a trade. And I have no memory of trading my Ditto. It was caught in a Great Ball. On my Pokemon Box, I looked around some of the Pokemon I caught from my old Fired Data, were caught with Ultra Balls, Great Ball's Safari Balls, and Pokeballs. I checked the Ditto's ID, and my Venusaur's ID, and the Ditto, it's OT was Kira, (me). So I checked it over, it seem to be okay, when going into battle. I always have good memory of the Pokemon, I trade, and that Ditto, I do not remember trading. So any ideas?

Re: Ditto on my Ruby.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-09-22 12:33:58
It almost sounds like mixing records, but it most certainly isn't that.

Maybe it got bord of FireRed and jumped into Ruby to find a new place to live.

A more serious theory is that somehow, these games might have gotten mixed up, without having records mixed or anything like that.

Other than that, I don't really have a clue. I don't know, maybe your Ditto is magical and used its wizard powers to transport itself into Ruby.

Check your FireRed. Is your Ditto still in your game? If it is still in FireRed and also now in Ruby, that makes it even more bizarre…

Date: 2007-09-22 12:37:52
I put all my Pokemon on my brother's and my Pokemon Box data's before I had to start again. I'll load up my Gamecube, and post my old ID.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-09-22 12:41:03
There is no legitimate way to get a Ditto without trading O_o.

Date: 2007-09-22 12:46:13
OH MY GOD…The Ditto's a magician! Just kidding.

I'm starting to seriously think the two games have gotten mixed together in some way…

Date: 2007-09-22 12:49:23
Here's the info:

Venusaur
Male
Lvl: 87
OT/ Kira (me)
IDNo.24416
Timd nature, met at Pallet Town lvl 5.

Ditto
?
Lvl: 43
OT/Kira (me)
IDNo.24416
Careful nature Obtained in a trade.

I don't even remember trading it.

The Pokemon I traded before, I remember this one I don't. I caught it on my old Firered data, but I have no memory of trading. I'm not color blind either, and I don't get my games mixed up. Somehow that thing got on my Ruby. Trading? No memory.

Date: 2007-09-22 12:51:48
You said your memory's bad. Maybe you actually did trade it, but you don't remember it.

Or the Ditto has magically managed to jump games after getting put into Pokemon Box.

Date: 2007-09-22 12:56:35
I don't forget the Pokemon I traded. And that one, isn't in my memory. I've traded to my Ruby: Pikachu, Beldum, Rults (Both from my Pokemon Box, from one of my old data's of my Ruby/Sapphire) Eevee, Mightyena, Houndoom (Pokemon Box/Colosseum) And I don't lie about this stuff either.

Date: 2007-09-22 13:03:07
All right, now I'm SERIOUSLY, SERIOUSLY starting to believe that this Ditto IS a freak of nature. Ditto does have the uncanny ability to cause freaky things to happen in games (such as the Cool Ditto trick in Red and Blue). It's almost like a Missingno. that is a normal Pokemon!

PS. This is my 100th post.

Date: 2007-09-22 13:08:40
I've done 671  ;D. I know about the Bad Egg thing, but I've not had any bad Egg's. MissingNo. isn't in the Ru/Sa/Em games. My brother did tell me a rumor, he heard that MissingNo. is on one of the routes in Ru/Sa, and I asked how how, and he said he wasn't too sure but, he could appear, anywhere, like that ?? Gltich, I've seen screenshots of and the (?) Glitches. I'm not sure if they're fake, but I did see a Japanese FR/LG screenshot of the (?) gltich I still have it on my old Photobucket account. I can sort of read what it says, but with this Ditto.. I've been going out of my mind, for like 2 months, when this happened, and I've been trying to figure out, how it got there, and without me trading, and I have no memory.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-09-22 13:50:08
There seems to be no possible explanation for this…
PS Nice you made it to 100.

Date: 2007-09-22 13:59:33
Even I don't know how it got there. It's been doing my head in for months..